OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks amazing , I am starting down the same path . I had my house built with a basement room for my fishtank and I am also looking at MRC for Tank and isump. love the way it looks. I am trying to plan everything out . The room has 4 dedicated 20 AMP Circuits a separate duct and fan for moisture control and this weekend I tiled the whole room with 4x16 white subway tile. It also has a large Stainless steel sink and floor drain. the tank will be 72x30x30 in wall with sump and filter in room. I will have two 160 water storage tanks in a separate room and connected with hoses for ATO and water change needs. I will also have a 200 ro/di system as well. thanks for you thread it looks great. i also have a 80/20 stand with 1000lbs castors to move tank around not that i will but wanted options.
@markprieto where is your build thread??? I wish i could have a basement, but they dont make houses like that here in my neck of the woods. I am curious as to what RODI unit you went with. I have my 150gpd unit i have put together, i will see how it works, and see if i need to upgrade. Are you speaking with someone already from MRC? I can hook you up with my representative, he has been great to work with!

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to paint the underside of my stand “top” I wanted to make room for a ring of Leds (strip) so that I can light up the underside of the tank. I also put a lil strip of wood Incase I wanted to seal off a separate compartment from the sump, as a “just in case” we’ll see if I end up using it.
01724904-0788-4102-BE89-3354A308B9E4.jpeg

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand top is done and awaiting the empty tank, that’s Alan it ready to ship. They are waiting on some items for the sump before they crate the sump, reactors, and skimmer for shipping.
189DE200-59F9-4A39-A141-6FFA4A1BBA31.jpeg

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the middle of construction and I was strapped for cash and could not get any flexible spa PVC locally so I ran a couple of pex pipe through my attic for the water change situation one clean water going to the tank and the waste water going out into the train all ran with PEX pipe.

Since that is readily available at any big box hardware store. However, all of the connections in order to connect the pex pipe to PVC is all made out of brass or unsafe items for saltwater reef tanks so I was on the hunt for these particular parts that I had to special order from Ferguson. Sadly, they also told me that these are like the last seven items in the country and I just hope that companies like a @Ryanbrs or @MarineDepot or other specialty aquarium shops would be able to carry this in John Guest Pex to Pvc adaptors, as Pex is readily available and great for long runs.

AC4E517E-A9C7-4553-917D-69B6004FB1B3.jpeg

88EAFF78-3E36-4958-823F-D74F5252A549.jpeg

mark Prieto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@markprieto where is your build thread??? I wish i could have a basement, but they dont make houses like that here in my neck of the woods. I am curious as to what RODI unit you went with. I have my 150gpd unit i have put together, i will see how it works, and see if i need to upgrade. Are you speaking with someone already from MRC? I can hook you up with my representative, he has been great to work with!
Hi , thanks I am using the BRS 7 stage Ro/di 150 gallon unit. and two 160 gallon tanks from Homedepot. it would be great to work with someone from MRC so if you don't mind provide his/her contact info. I will start a build thread soon as I am Tiling the whole fish room now so as soon as i am done I have the stand built and sink installed used 80/20 for stand and it is amazing got the wheels from Amazon and they role so easy and were much cheaper than 80/20 or homedepot by 1/2 less

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....So got some interesting news from my MRC Rep about my sump, but it will require a taller stand....

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at least you used the 80/20 so other than added expense it should be easy to update. Sounds like maybe the made it taller than requested?
I added something (that i cannot yet talk about) to it that will make it taller, so I may order new vertical and upper horizontal supports, waiting for them to send me final dimensions first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my vertical supports, paid an arm and a left nut for shipping, but the tank and sump are on the way!

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: MRC should be shopping the two pallets Monday, so I am assuming 5-10business days to get here to El Paso,TX.
I still have a lot to do to prepare, I finished putting the epoxy in one of my two water tanks. I underestimated the amount of Pond Armor I needed, so I need to order at least to more quart sets to finish the R/O tank.
I used an aquarium calculator app to measure the internal water volume of the salt tank to get these numbers. They are spaced roughly every inch.
FE67FB7C-B579-4C3D-B1BD-005E93224F4C.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back