Drilled IM Nuvo Black Nano 25 - Lazy Man's Reef

Fishineer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to cure my MTS and build another tank to get rid of the 3 other tanks that I have had set up. Currently sold one and have 2 two other tanks for sale. But I have had this tank for a few years and finally wanted to set it up as my first Sump Reef tank. I have learned a lot in the NANO world and I want this tank to be as Ultra Low Maintenance as possible. I also want most of the gear to be in the middle of the road. I don't want to buy my way out of a solution and buy an APEX controller, but rather figure out the best bang for you buck for an ULM Nano drilled tank.

The gear to start:
  • IM 25 Nuvo Black
  • DC Return Pump (Amazon Job)
  • AI Prime 16 HD
  • 50% Florida Crushed CoraSand / 50% Fuji Pink
  • 15 lb dry rock
  • AI Nero 3
  • Eshopps CUBE Nano Sump
  • YoLink DIY Controller

IMG_20220909_013033682[1].jpg IMG_20220909_013021404[1].jpg IMG_20220909_013015511[1].jpg

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice sump! I am running the same for my 25g cube. What skimmer are you using? It looks like the magtool skimmer.

OP
OP
F

Fishineer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
• Yellow tang in a 25-gallon tank ... ✔
• Imminent introduction to the Tang Police ... ✔
Lol. I think we need to de-fund the tang Police. The yellow tang was a captive breed yellow tang that when I got it was about the size of a quarter. I'm probably going to swap it out for another baby in the next 6 months. I am just growing it out for someone else... Like can you even buy a full grown yellow tang anymore? And I bet if you put in a larger tank with other tangs it would just get merked as a baby captive breed tang...

OP
OP
F

Fishineer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice sump! I am running the same for my 25g cube. What skimmer are you using? It looks like the magtool skimmer.
I am looking to get ride of both skimmers and upgrade to something oversized and only run part of the day. One skimmer is a CAD Lights (RIP), and the other AuqaMaxx NF-1 Nano. I had this skimmer in an IM 20 Peninsula AIO.

I want to upgrade to an AuqaMaxx FC-120 once I sell said IM 20 Peninsula AIO.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get ride of both skimmers and upgrade to something oversized and only run part of the day. One skimmer is a CAD Lights (RIP), and the other AuqaMaxx NF-1 Nano. I had this skimmer in an IM 20 Peninsula AIO.

I want to upgrade to an AuqaMaxx FC-120 once I sell said IM 20 Peninsula AIO.
I just bought an ultra reef skimmer, so I will let you know how it goes!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back