• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Drs Foster and Smith just pulled the rug out from under me

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 cheap things and just checked my order. One is on back order for another 2 weeks but I had zero communication telling me that.

Benny Morosco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know when you order from LiveAquaria once you order it disappears and you can’t track your order you have to call them. Just not a good way to do business

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in Canada, this is what I get when I go their site now:

IwgFVQo.jpg

Lots of people ship within the US and just drive down and pick up, I live ten minutes from the border. Oh well, there are other stores.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually don't order from them as I work in the industry and get stuff wholesale. The 25% off the new Apex is a good deal. That is basically the wholesale price.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know when you order from LiveAquaria once you order it disappears and you can’t track your order you have to call them. Just not a good way to do business
I know, but you can track with the shipping confirmation email

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually don't order from them as I work in the industry and get stuff wholesale. The 25% off the new Apex is a good deal. That is basically the wholesale price.

That’s interesting. I had no idea what the wholesale price would be on this type of item. I thought the wholesale price might be higher actually. The lady I spoke with indicated that they would be losing money in this transaction (which I assumed anyway), but she was willing to do it to try to make things right.

Today, now that I’ve cooled off a little, I’m still a little frustrated over what happened. But overall, I’m feeling a better about the situation. I’ve been giving them (DFS and Live Aquaria) my money for many years. The only company I give more of my money to is BRS. Although sometimes there’s an issue with an order I’ve received, customer service has always been incredible. So I’m thinking that I should see the big picture with how well they’ve treated me in the past and how they tried to make this situation somewhat better, and move on. Hopefully this is a one off mass screw up that won’t happen again. Plus, it’s really hard to stay away since it’s ridiculously cheap to buy salt from them when they have a flash sale or offer a coupon.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see so many people having issues with them, personally I have always received the best possible service anyone could ask for and over the last few months I have saved hundreds on equipment including a couple orders that I thought for sure they would cancel because of the ridiculous low pricing.. same with live aquaria.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s interesting. I had no idea what the wholesale price would be on this type of item. I thought the wholesale price might be higher actually. The lady I spoke with indicated that they would be losing money in this transaction (which I assumed anyway), but she was willing to do it to try to make things right.

Today, now that I’ve cooled off a little, I’m still a little frustrated over what happened. But overall, I’m feeling a better about the situation. I’ve been giving them (DFS and Live Aquaria) my money for many years. The only company I give more of my money to is BRS. Although sometimes there’s an issue with an order I’ve received, customer service has always been incredible. So I’m thinking that I should see the big picture with how well they’ve treated me in the past and how they tried to make this situation somewhat better, and move on. Hopefully this is a one off mass screw up that won’t happen again. Plus, it’s really hard to stay away since it’s ridiculously cheap to buy salt from them when they have a flash sale or offer a coupon.

The percentage changes slightly based on the level of an authorized dealer you are. I am sure Fosters and Smith is the highest level with the volume that they do. High end MAP priced equipment generally has really low markups. Usually 15%-25%. So the next time you are shopping realize that the the person selling you that $800 light is probably only making $100 or so off of it. Most people that I deal with that try to wheel and deal think you are tripping your money or something on the equipment and that is very far from the truth.

JayBABQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like they will be going in a new direction without Live Aquaria...... DFS will look like a Petco or Wallmart?:confused: ....Change is a coming
13 Jun 2018
Petco Announces the Appointment of Ron Coughlin as Chief Executive Officer
SAN DIEGO, June 13, 2018 -- Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. announced today that it has named Ron Coughlin as its new Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Coughlin joins the Company from HP Inc., where he served for 11 years, most recently as President of Personal Systems. He will begin in this role as of Monday, June 18.

SAN DIEGO, May 22, 2018 -- Petco today announced that Laura Wilkin has joined the national pet specialty retailer as executive vice president of supply chain and inventory. Wilkin will lead Petco’s ongoing supply chain transformation, responsible for all of the company’s inventory management operations, including logistics, planning and pricing.
Wilkin comes to Petco from Walmart, where she served as senior vice president, logistics and replenishment.
Explains a lot

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back