Dry live rock to kill aptasia

dannobiocube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased some live rock from another reefer and after I got home I noticed it infested with aptasia. I do not what introduce aptasia into my new build. If I dry the rock out to kill the aptasia how long will it take to ensure all the aphasia are killed? Has anybody tried this method?

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased some live rock from another reefer and after I got home I noticed it infested with aptasia. I do not what introduce aptasia into my new build. If I dry the rock out to kill the aptasia how long will it take to ensure all the aphasia are killed? Has anybody tried this method?
If you dry it out the aphasia will die, but so will all the other living things on it that are beneficial which is the whole point if getting live rock.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set it in a,warm, dry place for a few days. Like.....sunny spot on your deck. When rock it totally bone dry soak it in a bucket of fresh water for a day or two. Rise the heck out of it. Should be good to go.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put aiptasia rock in my tank and then my copperband devoured it :D

Can you QT the rock and spot treat/kill it? I am assuming you bought live rock for a reason.

Back