DSA 105gal Rimless build by poolkeeper1

hung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed the first Ghost overflow to fit a gl*******s drilled tank sold by Rick, Reef Savvy, Synergy and everyone will want one of these as they are DEAD SILENT! I have never not heard a sound coming from a reef tank before getting this system. Took about 30min to install including removing the old one and fit perfect.
I will get some photos up in the morning when the tank clears from draining it to install this must have item....
Bill
PS, glass holes

How did you do this? I thought your tank had the original overflow and drains?

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you do this? I thought your tank had the original overflow and drains?
No it had a glass holes overflow in it when i bought it, But Reef Savvy made a proto type to fit the GHoles that were already drilled in the tank. No offense to GH but the Ghost is far superior in function and design not to mention it's Silent!
Bill

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAR anyone???

PAR.jpg

teamx151

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your opinion on the DC10000 as your return? I just ordered the same tank and just waiting to get the Ghost overflow and I was looking at getting the DC10000, due to my head loss is going to be over 5 feet. Thanks!

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your opinion on the DC10000 as your return? I just ordered the same tank and just waiting to get the Ghost overflow and I was looking at getting the DC10000, due to my head loss is going to be over 5 feet. Thanks!
Best option out there IMO Go for it. I ran a 30ft span with one that is fine.
Bill

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill how much did it lost running 30 foot and did it have 90 degree elbows and 45 and how high did it go ?
It's Nate's tank i am talking about, About 8 ft vertical total and actually closer to 35 ft in length from house to sump in garage. Plus he has four returns on that tank and gets plenty of flow, will try adding a reactor off a manifold too and see if it still has enough to spare. I will LYK how it goes. Best pump out there IMO
Bill

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Nate's tank i am talking about, About 8 ft vertical total and actually closer to 35 ft in length from house to sump in garage. Plus he has four returns on that tank and gets plenty of flow, will try adding a reactor off a manifold too and see if it still has enough to spare. I will LYK how it goes. Best pump out there IMO
Bill

Thanks bill please because that's what I'm looking for I want to get away from running an external iwaki I want to go internal and with a dc pump

teamx151

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best option out there IMO Go for it. I ran a 30ft span with one that is fine.
Bill

Thanks for the reply! What size are your return lines? I know they are 1.25, but was wondering if you reduced them to 1in or keep them at 1.25.

Thanks,

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back