OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some updates today on my sump I took pickupman idea and did my sump like his. Also I added a 3500 GPH power head to the sump blowing trough the chiller coil. I have a lot more to do I'm gonna take the pellet reactor out of the sump and put it outside so I can see the tumble better. Also I'm changing the kalk stirrer to Bart's trash can method lol
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1373169258.009054.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1373169272.253607.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1373169284.619433.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1373169298.653204.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1373169315.169924.jpg

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis... if you start to notice micro bubbles you should put some down spouts to the pipes exiting the skimmer chamber. Ive done this and it eliminates noise and splatter too. I like the holes you drilled in your drain pipe into that chamber as well. looks familiar...:wink: For those that wonder, this gives teh trapped air a chance to escape and you get alot less gurgling and bubbling out the end of that pipe.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis... if you start to notice micro bubbles you should put some down spouts to the pipes exiting the skimmer chamber. Ive done this and it eliminates noise and splatter too. I like the holes you drilled in your drain pipe into that chamber as well. looks familiar...:wink: For those that wonder, this gives teh trapped air a chance to escape and you get alot less gurgling and bubbling out the end of that pipe.

Yea I end up putting the down pipes already I ran out of pipe that day. Thanks for the ideas I like this set up better

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm.. funny I was looking at that photo I took for you today and I really need to neaten up my plumbing.. I have tubes and wires running everywhere.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not yet but I will I don't think I need it yet cause I only put a cup of kalk for 32 gallons which is not much. There is 48 teaspoon in a cup and most people start with one teaspoon per gallon and for a full blown sps reef people use double so I started a little about a teaspoon per gallon not by much since I have a lot of corals and a giant clam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a white cheek tang a week and a half ago and I am proud to say no white spot as of yet and it's eating like a pig and also my yellow tang didn't kill it like it has 4 other tangs. Yea I know I shouldn't have put an other tang in the tank die to the yellows aggression but the white cheeks is one of my fav fish.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a white cheek tang a week and a half ago and I am proud to say no white spot as of yet and it's eating like a pig and also my yellow tang didn't kill it like it has 4 other tangs. Yea I know I shouldn't have put an other tang in the tank die to the yellows aggression but the white cheeks is one of my fav fish.

White cheek tang is my #1 favorite tang, unfortunately I have never been able to keep one alive.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White cheek tang is my #1 favorite tang, unfortunately I have never been able to keep one alive.

It was hard work last week. I put a mirror next to my tank for the first two days and that kept all my tangs busty thinking that there was others in the tank then I spot fed the white cheeks with a syringe full of mysid shrimp every couple of hours for about 4 days since it stay in that corner for the first 4 days and after that I just kept feeding the tank a lot of food and he became a pig lol oh and for the mirror I think it worked cause the yellow tang left him alone now he swims with them and eat veggies on the vegie clip together he is getting a little fat belly lol so I think it's gonna be a survivor.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have laughed at me when I have told them about using a mirror to help stave off aggression when adding a new fish; it has worked every time for me.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that the white cheek makes it for ya Luis. I almost picked one up myself but went powder brown instead.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have laughed at me when I have told them about using a mirror to help stave off aggression when adding a new fish; it has worked every time for me.

I tell you what for what I seen almost all my fish were concentrated on the side were the mirror was at and the sailfin and the yellow were going crazy back and forth the length of the mirror

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that the white cheek makes it for ya Luis. I almost picked one up myself but went powder brown instead.

Yea I think it's gonna make it. Looks real healthy and I been feeding LRS reef frenzy and the herbivore version and they love it and I been feeding red, green and purple seaweed and the white cheeks eats all of them.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back