DSA 185 build (barts old tank)

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was hard work last week. I put a mirror next to my tank for the first two days and that kept all my tangs busty thinking that there was others in the tank then I spot fed the white cheeks with a syringe full of mysid shrimp every couple of hours for about 4 days since it stay in that corner for the first 4 days and after that I just kept feeding the tank a lot of food and he became a pig lol oh and for the mirror I think it worked cause the yellow tang left him alone now he swims with them and eat veggies on the vegie clip together he is getting a little fat belly lol so I think it's gonna be a survivor.

great job!! hope it does well for you..

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear about the tang! Those are very pretty! Fwiw, the mirror trick works more often than not. I have to use it for new additions since my blue tang can be a bear.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 with Tapatalk.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear about the tang! Those are very pretty! Fwiw, the mirror trick works more often than not. I have to use it for new additions since my blue tang can be a bear.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 with Tapatalk.

That's my second favorite fish but I can not have one since I already have 4 tangs

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week thinking my green clown goby was dead I found it. I guess it decided to take a trip to my garage trough the over flow. I found it on the skimmer compartment. Lol

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week thinking my green clown goby was dead I found it. I guess it decided to take a trip to my garage trough the over flow. I found it on the skimmer compartment. Lol

My yellow watchman does that with every new fish addition. Now that something has killed his pistol packing compadre, I'm letting him stay in the sump for awhile.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis,

Great build! Two questions...

First, how do you like the Reef Angel?

Second, how do you like having your sump in the garage? Any issues you've had with it being in there?

Thanks,

Brandon

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis,

Great build! Two questions...

First, how do you like the Reef Angel?

Second, how do you like having your sump in the garage? Any issues you've had with it being in there?

Thanks,

Brandon

The reef angel is great since you can pretty much do what ever you want with it. And the sump in the garage is the best thing I have done so far it allows me to put most of my rock in the stock tank so I used less rock on the display. Also I can pile what ever equipment I want.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Piling equipment and experimenting/tinkering with things is why I want my sump in the garage, too. :)

Have you had any issues or challenges with it being in the garage?

Brandon

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ac went out and i thougth it was my halides heeting my living room on my house and the tank got a little hot but I put a fan on the sump and it took care of it. I have 400 watt halides so that don't help lol

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New aquascape what you think
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1376260882.276960.jpg

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Luis, that purple cap will look sweet once it owns that entire back corner!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back