Dsp .

simo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if i had a deep samd bed in my 45 gallon disply.can i put a section in my sump fot rubble and cheato.but no sand il have ave 4 inches in the display wil pods stil grow with just the runble and cheato . Wil my system work like this ?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if i had a deep samd bed in my 45 gallon disply.can i put a section in my sump fot rubble and cheato.but no sand il have ave 4 inches in the display wil pods stil grow with just the runble and cheato . Wil my system work like this ?
yes. I would not put too much rubble in. It makes it hard to clean,

OP
OP
simo

simo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes. I would not put too much rubble in. It makes it hard to clean,
Thanks. So i could prob just make a little sump for my rubble and cheato. Whats the smallest fug i could make for a 45 gallon just with the rubble and cheato? And il do 4 inches of 1 to 2 mm sand in my dt.

OP
OP
simo

simo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cause i have a small kinda tank im using the fluval c4 hob for this. If i went bigger then id do a proper sump

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cause i have a small kinda tank im using the fluval c4 hob for this. If i went bigger then id do a proper sump
If your using a hob for a refugium you don't really need the extra rubble. And the bigger the refugium the better of course.
You will want to make sure the HOB stays clean

OP
OP
simo

simo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i was just using the hob as my filtration with my live rock. But was going to make a seprate fug like just a small one with rubble and cheato

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i was just using the hob as my filtration with my live rock. But was going to make a seprate fug like just a small one with rubble and cheato
Yea that should be fine. I mis understood. How are you making the refugium?

OP
OP
simo

simo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok all good i just cane back from the lfs. And he said dont do the dsb in the display do it in the refugium so i guess im a do yhat now [emoji53] i hate it when lfs comfusses u lol. He said hive it 2 years and url gave problem with ur display lol

OP
OP
simo

simo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was going to just do the sand bed in the tank and the rubble and cheato in a little sump . But the lfs guy said have it all in the sump?,

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. Yea I kinda agree that a DSB tank may not run well for 14 years. Mine has run for over 2 years and has been amazing.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have u got a fug.. or in ur dp tank.? Thanks for always replying to my posts lol
No sweat. I have a DSB in my 55g display and in the sump as well. I just wanted to see what it would do.

OP
OP
simo

simo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting 2 to 3 ml crushed coral prob a couple inches deep . And just using my fluval c4 for now theres something about it i like lol. And mines a 45 gallon. But i do have a 3 foot sump underneath just in case the c4 dont work out . If i had a bigger tank i wouldnt use the c4. [emoji38]

kuzzbro

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back