Dual lowboy frag tank build

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently setting up 2 50 gallon low boys (48x24x10). So far for equipment I have an apex el, eb4, skimz skimmer, 2 hydra 26, jebao gyre and return pump. A friend of mine that has a Lfs gave me a stand that I painted yesterday, he has built me a sump from a 40 breeder and drilled one of the low boys. I will pickup tomorrow and start plumbing this weekend. I have considered getting a halide for the second frag tank and doing some halide vs led grow out. My main display is a 120 gallon with predominantly sps.

68A56889-52EE-4BA4-8E48-2DEBC5731819.jpeg F44C74AC-5D3B-4C9D-BDE9-D805B7D55D5C.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!!! I look forward to seeing this come together!

Reefermadness775

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the opportunity to get a better tank, like a deep blue take it. I've lost seals on more than one tank and know of two other lfs that have had the same issues. There cheap for a reason.

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the opportunity to get a better tank, like a deep blue take it. I've lost seals on more than one tank and know of two other lfs that have had the same issues. There cheap for a reason.
I tried getting a deep blue but no luck. These have already been purchased so hopefully no seal problems. That is concerning!

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your flow plan? Just the gyres?

Is there enough room in between both tanks to get any sort of magnet mounted powerhead mounted?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried getting a deep blue but no luck. These have already been purchased so hopefully no seal problems. That is concerning!

That's because "deep blue" is no longer made.

Look for Seapora, they are the same tanks. Literally the same tanks with a different label.

And are you using these as grow out for the main display? I would stay withe the same or very similar lights as the display so there isn't much adjustment going from one tank to the other.

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's because "deep blue" is no longer made.

Look for Seapora, they are the same tanks. Literally the same tanks with a different label.

And are you using these as grow out for the main display? I would stay withe the same or very similar lights as the display so there isn't much adjustment going from one tank to the other.
Yeah I plan to grow out a lot of my main tank corals, frag them and sale, not trying to have it as a primary business but definitely want to try. I want to also get some corals locally from a few friends to grow out.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back