OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my dudes im pretty sure ramp down is on point! Most are mad from rearranging them but still didn't really miss a beat. Have to peep it tomorrow!
Screenshot_20210804-182754_Wyze.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update because I thought it was kind of important to record.
I Know its a horrible wyze cam picture but I just literally watched my magic carpet shrink up her cap and explode her vesicles and fill them with color from her cap over the time span of about 45 minutes. She is doing nasty nasty things right now and going to be a spectacle in next few months I promise. Not only her but everything with raised vesicles immediately gave better PE.
I have been playing with spectrum a bit. All I did was lower my whites a bit more and raise intensity on blues lol
Screenshot_20210806-105200_Wyze.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-105145_Wyze.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-102544_Wyze.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-104947_Wyze.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup all been super busy with real life so no real time lately for proper updates.
Have been busy in fish room though shrooms are happy and making transition to new digs pretty nicely.
I know I said I wouldnt but I have been doing a ton of experimenting with schedule and spectrum. Never leaving 100 par max just playing inside of that. At the end of the day I said it a bunch of times and ill say it again lol.
Brs investigates couldn't have done a better job investigating and setting a general overall healthy spectrum thats pretty much always done good for me.
Yup some shrooms dig and prefer a darker heavier blue spectrum not sure why but I'm chalking those shrooms up to thats what they are most accustomed to in natural habitat. Deep or shallow idk and don't care honestly. Im looking at the general overall healthy response of my shrooms and even though brs spectrum is heavy on blues it does offer a ton of white as well as healthy blend of reds and greens so it all there. There's no question I can stress a bunch and pull a ton of color out of especially the bounces. I may just set up a tank and run all blues specifically for bounces. Its almost instantaneous, polyps extend and fill with color as soon as I change spectrum to all blue. Saying that they just don't have that healthy thriving sprawled out vibe that they are happy basking under the sun. It is what it is I guess. I want mine to continue to monster size for me, drop babies and fill this lagoon up yesterday.
Anyhow i also had a minor set back with tank 2. I used about 50% of my old system water from old system. Huge mistake and should have listened to my gut. I only used the water hoping I wouldn't experience the cloudy bacterial bloom i did in tank 1. Well I still experienced it as well as brought nuisance algae in that quite simply my old system was able to keep at bay somehow. Having said that tank 2 got a thorough clean beat down. Uv hooked up, 5 micron socks on overflows changed out daily as well as a little H202 dosing for a cpl days while water cleared up. Its now crystal clear and I actually have a cpl shroom boogers that are growing on rocks that either came from spawning events or dropped off moms that I didn't see so tank 2 has a few hitchhiker shrooms in it lol.
Haven't been taking alot of pictures but here's a few:D
20210808_111913.jpg
20210808_111945.jpg
20210808_111958.jpg
20210808_133611.jpg
Screenshot_20210809-081126_Wyze.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep or shallow idk and don't care honestly. Im looking at the general overall healthy response of my shrooms and even though brs spectrum is heavy on blues it does offer a ton of white as well as healthy blend of reds and greens so it all there.

Love this, my pacific sun led supplement has no white leds but does blend red and green into the schedule, I run way less blue than most but there are two blue plus in the T5 mix, lighting is very trixy! ;)
I would have done the tank start the same way and have done a few times, always at least 50% old tank water, I find it gets any uglies done quickly before settling.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this, my pacific sun led supplement has no white leds but does blend red and green into the schedule, I run way less blue than most but there are two blue plus in the T5 mix, lighting is very trixy! ;)
I would have done the tank start the same way and have done a few times, always at least 50% old tank water, I find it gets any uglies done quickly before settling.
I'll tell ya whatever I pulled over from old system was quickly handled with UV and 5 micron socks. Honestly didn't bother me as much as the cloudy water. Ill be real ive been treating tank 2 like red headed stepchild and not doing anything with it and it caught up lol I did put alot more nutrients and less liverock in tank 2 so I can only imagine that didn't help.
When I was experimenting with the T5 I had to turn my whites and blues on my led almost completely off. I probably could have honestly. They are super bright so im sure they are not lacking anything in the spectrum department.
There is no question that closer to full spectrum is overall healthier for my corals at least in my lagoon. Ive tried it all at this point. Yeah they are not as colorful looking at them but most are dbl to tripple the size under full spectrum as opposed to full blue.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no question that closer to full spectrum is overall healthier for my corals at least in my lagoon. Ive tried it all at this point. Yeah they are not as colorful looking at them but most are dbl to tripple the size under full spectrum as opposed to full blue.

Forgetting par levels, not a clue what mine are, the proper spectrum for health of corals has to be the best choice, I'd rather have happy healthy corals all day against sparkly under blues. :)

DSC_0450 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom. First real day back on brs reccomended light schedule and its like night and day. Favorite booger baby mama all laid out today. Everyone starting to act and respond like im used to seeing. This things about to blow up for real:D
Can't stand the glare im getting now. Or understand why it looks so blue cause in person its actually brighter more full spectrum than the lower par saxby schedule im running on tank 2.
Screenshot_20210809-134544_Wyze.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back