OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweeper splam this space invader is crazy.
20210726_140846.jpg
That just looks like bad news man

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fr dude its taking up alot of room. Kept on having to move things further away and its not stopping yet. It is having noticeable growth though.
Is it in frag tank? Can you move it to different tank? Not sure how I'd feel with that around my shrooms.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Jug is splitting :)
20210726_125323.jpg

On the flip side....anyone ever seen an OG this bleached? Hoping it recovers in my tank. Any suggestions? Cipro?
My franks and cb candy crush rhodactis are looking horrible too.
Hoping its not mushy warz!!
20210726_084329.jpg
Hey bro I'm really sorry to see and hear that about OG. Tbh all my bounces have eventually ended up looking like that until they melted away. Dont know what happened or why. I went through my share of issues this last year. Nitrate overdose, Low Alk, Low Ph, Temp and Salinity swings man. You name it my system went through it.
Whats wierd is only my bounce shrooms where affected. Never lost any other shrooms or corals through all that.
Either bounce shrooms are highly susceptible to bacterial infection that other shrooms and corals are not.
Or my system went unbalanced and bottomed out something they needed.
Or another theory is perhaps it was shrooms warfare. There has been a few instances where all is good. Some kind of event would happen my bounces would deflate and sure enough start withering away one by one. Everytime they would deflate my skimmer would overflow. This happened a few times out of clear blue sky and lost them one by one.
I tried dipping them in every medication I could get my hands on. Whatever it is that makes them look like that and melt I haven't been able to solve that riddle.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea my franks look like gonners but the OG i have hope for. I bought it bleached like this so it was in someone elses tank.

Ill leave it shaded for another week then open it up to light.
Actually now that i think about it....i got the franks from him too years ago lol

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually now that i think about it....i got the franks from him too years ago lol
Bro I'm really hoping that I can do some more bounces. I do fine with Yumas and all the other supposedly difficult shrooms to keep.
What I can say is ive never had someone else's fragged shrooms make it in my system except for 1 or 2. All my natural splits have been fine. I think Rhodactis are highly prone to bacterial infections. If cuts aren't taken in healthy system you already lost. If system they go into isn't healthy and stable. You already lost.
For the life of me I can't figure out why I haven't been able to keep a bounce mushroom longer than a year.
We shall see in new system with params in check I guess. Never buying another frag either. Ill pay more for natural split.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro I'm really hoping that I can do some more bounces. I do fine with Yumas and all the other supposedly difficult shrooms to keep.
What I can say is ive never had someone else's fragged shrooms make it in my system except for 1 or 2. All my natural splits have been fine. I think Rhodactis are highly prone to bacterial infections. If cuts aren't taken in healthy system you already lost. If system they go into isn't healthy and stable. You already lost.
For the life of me I can't figure out why I haven't been able to keep a bounce mushroom longer than a year.
We shall see in new system with params in check I guess. Never buying another frag either. Ill pay more for natural split.
Now that you say it ive had similar experiences with bounce mushrooms. They grew well in my old tank under some black box LED's but not so good after that. My 120 has radions and they would slowly shrink away. My frag tank has t5's and my og bounce has been stagnant for about 2 months witch is better than turning white and dieing. I dont know how I used to grow these things! I probably had grown close to 10 sunkist bounces and idk how they didn't turn white and die. My new frag tanks are gonna be lit with viperspectra lights (cost efficient). I guess I'm gonna have to try them bounces again.

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fake pictures shplam lol I give up until I get right filter combo. Honestly building a photo booth rack up front is going to be closer than any filter and that's what im abouts to do here soon. Maybe when by time Frank get lights hung idk haha.

So I've been dosing All for reef.
Alk 9.0 today. Really hoping its maintaining cal and mag a bit higher but ill know tomorrow when I have things checked out and confirmed.
There was something about those higher numbers my salt mixed to that my shrooms loved and ill get to the bottom of which one I promise. Starting to feel like it was the magnesium at 1500 though;) All good i got a bottle of powder I can whip up just in case:D

Things are looking lovely. Feel like Nitrates and Phosphates will also be top priority. I am still feeding heavy and dosing both.
Idk if its the lighting, the way im seeing them now or the lower nutrients but some don't look as colorful to me for some reason!
20210716_152800.jpg
20210716_152723.jpg
20210716_152638.jpg
20210716_152630.jpg
20210716_152624.jpg
20210716_152558.jpg
20210716_152549.jpg
20210716_152544.jpg
20210716_152530.jpg
What are the green bounces in the picture with the tomini called? They look similar to one i just aquired. Thanks

20210723_130644.jpg
20210722_205607.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the green bounces in the picture with the tomini called? They look similar to one i just aquired. Thanks

20210723_130644.jpg
20210722_205607.jpg
Hey bud I was checking these out in your thread. The ones I posted where from @Lost in the Sauce named Earl by Sauce.
I do believe they are most likely same shrooms as the Earl.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you say it ive had similar experiences with bounce mushrooms. They grew well in my old tank under some black box LED's but not so good after that. My 120 has radions and they would slowly shrink away. My frag tank has t5's and my og bounce has been stagnant for about 2 months witch is better than turning white and dieing. I dont know how I used to grow these things! I probably had grown close to 10 sunkist bounces and idk how they didn't turn white and die. My new frag tanks are gonna be lit with viperspectra lights (cost efficient). I guess I'm gonna have to try them bounces again.
You know whats crazy is i kept bounces perfectly fine under a cheap black box with burned out diodes.
My other theory is I burned alot of mine up. At least a few of them.
I'm running my led much lower now. All my shrooms are much happier. Outer edge is only pushing 25-35 par atm and some have never looked happier tbh.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know whats crazy is i kept bounces perfectly fine under a cheap black box with burned out diodes.
My other theory is I burned alot of mine up. At least a few of them.
I'm running my led much lower now. All my shrooms are much happier. Outer edge is only pushing 25-35 par atm and some have never looked happier tbh.
Im thinking about the brs par meter rental now but ill wait until i set my new system up because this system will be taken offline anyways. And most of my mushrooms will be in baskets in my frag tank vs my display. Actually hate when mushrooms grow freely in the display because they freakin kill everything!

Side note the new frag tank will have all the same diffused LEDs as my current setup just different intensity and the new display will have a powermodule with a diffuser on the LED bar so quite different technologies between the two.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking about the brs par meter rental now but ill wait until i set my new system up because this system will be taken offline anyways. And most of my mushrooms will be in baskets in my frag tank vs my display. Actually hate when mushrooms grow freely in the display because they freakin kill everything!

Side note the new frag tank will have all the same diffused LEDs as my current setup just different intensity and the new display will have a powermodule with a diffuser on the LED bar so quite different technologies between the two.
I checked my black box and was running peak at 50-75 par. Tbh the hottest spot i had i put minecraft in it so all my bounces realisticly running closer to 50 par ish. No joke. I am noticing that I may be running a little to hot still as some are not opening fully. I have a cpl frag racks laying around. If I have to turn down my lamp even further I can always set my light hungry shrooms up on the racks like your doing. Which I may just end up doing honestly.

I just snagged a pair of hydra 32 with the printed diffusers. I love the look. Im running saxby on tank 2 but turned way down on 12hr photoperiod. My lfs runs them and all there corals pop.
I'm going to check par this week and turn it down more if I have to and throw some shrooms under it to see how they do. Honestly thinking about changing my v2+ out for another pair.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud I was checking these out in your thread. The ones I posted where from @Lost in the Sauce named Earl by Sauce.
I do believe they are most likely same shrooms as the Earl.
Bro closest I've seen by a mile and I've got two Lowkey that are bouncing like that in the sump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back