• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dummy Corals

Louiemiller9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is Lou and I wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone would be able to help me out with some cheap corals. I am setting up a new 300+ gallon frag system and do not want to throw my established corals into this until I know other corals are fine. I am looking for any corals whether that be chunks you would normally discard or frags. I wanted to pay no more than a couple hundred dollars for a large amount of corals. I will pay for shipping.
Thanks guys,
Lou

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lou, Asked the mods to move this over to the marketplace. Might see more visibility there. Giving your post a little bump!

Couple questions about the frags you’re looking for: Are you looking for LPS, Softies or SPS? What type of parameters are you looking at right now?
How long has the tank been cycling? Shot of the tank would also help, pictures speak a thousand words:)

#MODS can you move this thread to the marketplace? WTB tag.

OP
OP
Louiemiller9

Louiemiller9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lou, Asked the mods to move this over to the marketplace. Might see more visibility there. Giving your post a little bump!

Couple questions about the frags you’re looking for: Are you looking for LPS, Softies or SPS? What type of parameters are you looking at right now?
How long has the tank been cycling? Shot of the tank would also help, pictures speak a thousand words:)

#MODS can you move this thread to the marketplace? WTB tag.
Looking for sps softie lps my water parameters are at good levels I just haven’t had the tank cycling for more than 4 months or so...

OP
OP
Louiemiller9

Louiemiller9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/2 of the system

7107D805-2C2A-4CEC-98D7-464DC7D1049D.jpeg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for sps softie lps my water parameters are at good levels I just haven’t had the tank cycling for more than 4 months or so...
It only takes a tank a week or less to cycle assuming you dumped a butt load of bacteria in.

You're free to chuck in whatever you like! Go with whatever corals you prefer and maybe err to a couple at first and see how things go, then waste your mortgage on more corals like the rest of us :)

OP
OP
Louiemiller9

Louiemiller9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only takes a tank a week or less to cycle assuming you dumped a butt load of bacteria in.

You're free to chuck in whatever you like! Go with whatever corals you prefer and maybe err to a couple at first and see how things go, then waste your mortgage on more corals like the rest of us :)
Right .... so I was looking for cheap corals to do so.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot the original question, the cheapest way to get a ton of frags is to buy from hobbyists. There are sites that constantly have good deals and are good starting points but I'd first join your local reef facebook groups.

Buying from hobbyists is a lot of fun and you can usually walk away with 20 or so corals for under $200 depending on what you want. Hobbyists just enjoy the craft and will give you a bunch of freebies and stuff. It's also a good chance to talk to them about their tanks and learn more.

I'd check fb groups then wait for a sale on the online sites if you must.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re in a place where people can offer up frags. Everyone here is a hobbyist. Your post needs visibility... I agree with the FB groups and live sales. Do you have a LFS you frequent often? Do they have a $20 or less frag selection?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back