OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DungSl1nger so you think the worms were the culprit to your wrasse's death?

Yes and at least two Diamond goby’s I just pulled all the rock and sifted the sand. They are no where to be found.

84B0EA1E-0598-41B0-9640-4F95E2FE0468.jpeg

I pulled all these but the one that was on the wrasse is in a rock I’ll leave out for a few days. I already ripped it in half. So once it is dead dead I’ll cure it and put it back in

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and at least two Diamond goby’s I just pulled all the rock and sifted the sand. They are no where to be found.

84B0EA1E-0598-41B0-9640-4F95E2FE0468.jpeg

I pulled all these but the one that was on the wrasse is in a rock I’ll leave out for a few days. I already ripped it in half. So once it is dead dead I’ll cure it and put it back in
@DungSl1nger cure it?

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already pulled and dipped the rock, sifted the sand and pulled what I found out. I also took the time to try a new scape. I’ll be changing it again and pulling a pepper mint shrimp. I’ll probably end up setting a fish invert only tank soon.

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another crap update. Mandarin found a way out of the tank and my Lawnmower Blenny disappeared this past week.

Thinking of setting up a 40 breeder, for the remaining fish and corals so I can tear down, cure the rock to eliminate via starvation any hitchhikers and then restart the tank.

Option two is upgrade now and just tear tank down cure rock until 200 is delivered.

I use chemi-pure elite and UV.
10 percent water changes weekly to keep calcium stable.
Fish eat frozen exclusively.

OP
OP
DungSl1nger

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.

Woke up this morning to a disaster. I occasionally use a killing machine UV. The bottom end floats when the suction cup lets go. This caused the pump to jettison about 14 gallons of water, some of which was kalkwasser on to the floor and wall. I don’t know what equipment is damaged yet and I so far only lost a clown.

The rest of the day I spent setting up tanks to hold my fish and corals. The Red Sea tank will not be set up again until I move to my next home.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back