during red x treatment , can i add fm blend or therapy or bakto ball?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
during red x treatment , can i add fm blend or therapy or bakto ball?

cristina@faunamarinusa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should hold off on adding anything to the tank.
During treatment, do not do water changes, do not use carbon, adsorbers, ozone or UV. Clean all existing filter sponges if possible.
I recommend on day 13 (2 days after the 5 day waiting period) you introduce Rebiotic. But if you have the balls or Bacto blend/Therapy on hand it will work to add the bacteria to the tank. Please make sure to read through the How To Use manual before dosing. https://static.faunamarin.de/Werbung/HTUs/FM_HTU_RED_X_EN.pdf

OP
OP
D

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what to do if after the 2nd treatment the cyano with the tiny bubbles are still there ?

cristina@faunamarinusa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you waited the 5 day period after the 6 days of dosing? I usually cut my light cycle back to 3h White/Blue lights and 3h Blues (total 6 hours lights) during the 11 day treatment, turn off all UV, Ozone, pull absorbers, Carbon, Nitrate reactors. Nothing but Basic water care (Ca, Alk, Mg and trace elements that are premixed) goes in while I handle these types of issues. If it goes past two cycles, I would dose a diluted cycle of DinoX or fix the nutrient values in the tank causing the cyano.

OP
OP
D

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you waited the 5 day period after the 6 days of dosing? I usually cut my light cycle back to 3h White/Blue lights and 3h Blues (total 6 hours lights) during the 11 day treatment, turn off all UV, Ozone, pull absorbers, Carbon, Nitrate reactors. Nothing but Basic water care (Ca, Alk, Mg and trace elements that are premixed) goes in while I handle these types of issues. If it goes past two cycles, I would dose a diluted cycle of DinoX or fix the nutrient values in the tank causing the cyano.

do you have the lighting schedule that you can share for Radion light?

diluted dinox ? i have a 500l tank . how much i need to use ?

all these are not mentioned on the guide

cristina@faunamarinusa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have lighting schedules. I manually adjust the schedule in my controller to adjust the lighting while I am doing a treatment.

Diluted DinoX, is not dosing at full strength. I'd dose at 50% of what the recommendation is (you'd be right around 95ml depending on rock displacement/sump volume etc) every other day for 11 doses (22 days). I highly recommend reading the HTU posted for this one as Dino X is very potent stuff. It would be better to adjust nutrient values in the tank with reduced light cycle and a nutrient exporter.

In the RedX HTU on page 4 first paragraph goes over if you should use RedX or Dino X. Are you 100% certain that this is Cyano and not a gold algae or even Dino's?

OP
OP
D

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I dose the diluted Dino x with red x now ??? Or wait for the 2nd treatment of red x to complete before starting Dino x ???

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back