DYI Food For Auto Feeder

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone. I just purchased my 1st auto feeder(Avast Marine Plank Feeder) for my new tank setup. I plan on keeping Anthias in this setup and from the research I've done those fish need to be feed multiple times a day. Does anyone out there make your own custom blend food or does everyone just use flakes or pellets? I was thinking about making my own with a mix of pellets, freeze dried mysis/brine, calanus and rotifers. Anyone recommend anything? What do you mix in your custom blend?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the cool flakes from brine shrimp direct, I mix them with cobalt’s flake food. For pellets I have a mix of formula2, pe Mysis and ToD. The orange anthias I keep doesn’t touch the flake food but does like the pellets. He really likes the LRS frozen so I try to feed that once a day for him and a any other picky eaters.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am running an Avast Plank auto Feeder and created my own mix. I am still trying to find the right balance of food to dial in Po4. Right now I have a mix of....

Freeze dried Mysis
Calanus
Golden Pearls
Copepod Powder
Rotifers
2mm PE pellets
Red and Green Nori strips
Random Flake food I had

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back