Dying clownfish need help - Ich or velvet?

brucelee90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a pair of wild-caught clownfish currently in my QT not eating for almost 2 weeks. For the past 2 days they developed this white spot on their body and having white string poop.

Here's what I did:
1. I did a freshwater dip and nothing comes off. Also didn't notice any relief on the fish.
2. Dosed Prazipro for 2 days and the white string poop started to come out.
3. Dosed kanaplex and metroplex in the past 48 hours.
4. Tried a variety of food with garlic xtreme and selcon, which was completely ignored by them...
5. I have ordered ruby rally pro. Should arrive in 2 days.
6. Dosing buffered vitamin C to detoxify cyanide considering they are wild caught.

Is this ich or velvet? What's the next step to save their lives? Thank you!

Video link:

OP
OP
B

brucelee90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as I indicated in the other thread: If you can count the white dots, it's not velvet.
Thanks for the input blaxsun! I'm planning to use copper safe / copper power for the treatment. Is it practical for amateur hobbyist to measure and dose the copper without a Hana test kit?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input blaxsun! I'm planning to use copper safe / copper power for the treatment. Is it practical for amateur hobbyist to measure and dose the copper without a Hana test kit?
Unfortunately I don't have access to copper up here in Canada, but from what I understand you're going to need a copper test kit to provide proper treatment. I've used Polyp Lab Medic as in-tank treatment for ich and velvet and it's worked great.

Back