Dying Cynarina in my package

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Cynarina today via FedEx. It arrived in horrible condition. I was here to receive the box. It was acclimated correctly. Many parts of the skeleton are showing and the mouth is gaping. As you can see in the photos I am very successful at keeping Cynarinas so my tank is not the issue. I'm very concerned about this coral am an afraid it won't make it. I know you have an arrive alive guarantee but what if it is on the brink of death?

2c.JPG

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there,
Sometimes in shipping things get jumbled up a bit. Toothy corals like acanthophyllia and cynarina can look very rough after making a trip. We always suggest giving them a day or two to get happy again. I can completely understand your concern though, its quite upset at the moment.
Go ahead and submit a ticket into the DOA system and keep us updated. If it doesn't make it we'll take care of it.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a similar situation with the same type of coral (but a different vendor) a few weeks ago. It was such a bummer because it was a gorgeous piece too. I guess maybe they just don't ship well? It smelled horrible when I finally gave up and pulled it from the tank.

OP
OP
Terri Caton

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar situation with the same type of coral (but a different vendor) a few weeks ago. It was such a bummer because it was a gorgeous piece too. I guess maybe they just don't ship well? It smelled horrible when I finally gave up and pulled it from the tank.

As you can see in my photo I have never had problems with receiving them or keeping them alive.

OP
OP
Terri Caton

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised by the response from your company when this coral didn’t make it. Since I have been following your instructions I feel it is unfair to be penalized. This coral tried its best but just never could recover.

Here is your response.

It seems that after the 11th this piece must have taken a turn for the worst. Normally the doa replacement policy is for the first two hours upon arrival. We extend that policy to 24hrs depending on the situation. In this case when the coral arrived it was looking a bit rough but looked pretty perfect in the updated pictures. Even though you are past the replacement period, I want to go the extra step and provide you with a partial credit. The code will not expire and it will be ready when you are. If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

8D98C43B-0304-417E-A49B-6B7DDAE2394C.jpeg 9EB99678-76C5-40F7-81E8-89EC20013949.jpeg

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good morning,

I wanted to give you some insight on why we decided to provide you with a partial credit.

Our Live Arrival Guarantee (visible here and shipped in every box we send out) states that we provide a 2 hour period after the arrival time for any concerns to be communicated with us to ensure coverage. The package was delivered at 9:39 AM and the original contact we received from you was at 8:34 PM, well beyond two hours. Since cynarina can be rough shippers, we were absolutely fine making an exception and asked to be kept up to date.

We responded to your DOA ticket that same day but received no further contact there in the last 3 weeks. On the 8th the cynarina was still stressed(post #8) and then on the 11th it looked great(picture in post #9 of this thread). The next provided update was on the 21st, 10 days after the coral was photographed alive and well and 14 days after arrival.

While we try to be as reasonable as possible, we cannot DOA a coral that has been in your possession for over 3 weeks. The code we provided is for just over 50% of the coral’s price minus shipping(as this is a service rendered by Fedex) which seemed reasonable after the amount of time that has elapsed.

Thank you,

C. Steele

zafink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics
I was surprised by the response from your company when this coral didn’t make it. Since I have been following your instructions I feel it is unfair to be penalized. This coral tried its best but just never could recover.

Here is your response.

It seems that after the 11th this piece must have taken a turn for the worst. Normally the doa replacement policy is for the first two hours upon arrival. We extend that policy to 24hrs depending on the situation. In this case when the coral arrived it was looking a bit rough but looked pretty perfect in the updated pictures. Even though you are past the replacement period, I want to go the extra step and provide you with a partial credit. The code will not expire and it will be ready when you are. If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

8D98C43B-0304-417E-A49B-6B7DDAE2394C.jpeg 9EB99678-76C5-40F7-81E8-89EC20013949.jpeg

Sorry for your experience Terri, I had to search top shelf aquatics on here before I purchased something from them, and am surprised at your experience. Will not purchase from them after all.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually think Top Shelf Aquatics went above and beyond their normal policy here. It’s stinks that the coral didn’t make it but buying coral is a gamble even if you already have the same piece in your tank. I will absolutely continue to buy coral from TSA! Great company with gorgeous pieces!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back