Dying Flasher Wrasse

cmcimino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice here. Not sure what’s going on with my linespot flasher wrasse. I’ve had this fish for about two years now. Yesterday I noticed he had a big stringy poop hanging out of him which seemed kind of strange. Later throughout the day I noticed he was hiding and normally he’s the king of the tank. I woke up this morning and found him completely mangled and pretty much dead. I placed him in a quarantine tank to observe. Fish is currently breathing but in really rough shape. I haven’t added any fish to the tank in probably 3 months, and quarantine all fish before they go into my tank. I didn’t notice any other fish picking on him prior to this. I am thinking he may have got caught in a powerhead, but thinking he may have had an underlying issue that caused him to be weaker than normal. Any ideas?
C22A617D-C419-476B-A913-C7D63901C7DA.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably internal pathogen, which when the conditions get bad enough, develop into internal bacterial infection.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back