Dying or recovering rat Anenome

OceanReefLover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I got a relatively small rbt anenome about 2 months ago. When I first put it in the tank it seemed to be doing fine and had a nice spot and my clownfish loved it! It then started moving around a bit and I obviously wasn’t too concerned, I’ve had anemones before so I just assumed since it was new it was just adjusting to find the perfect place. However it then got in an area sort of in a little cave like thing where there wasn’t much light. It seemed to be doing ok in there but then started to look worse and it was moving around in there but couldn’t seem to find it’s way out. I then noticed it’s foot was starting to detach so I decided to help it out but moving it to a more well let area of the tank. It doesn’t seem to be doing to good and is very schrivelled up. I have pic here. However it does seem better than a few days ago because I have added so bacterial infection remedy just Incase that might help it. It is still just kind of sagging on the bottom there but I’m just not sure if it’s dying or recovering. What should I do? Any tips? I have a 13 gal bio cube that’s over 3 years old. Ammonia is 0, salinity and everything else appears to be normal. I have pretty strong lighting as well, especially in a smaller tank it is able to get more light.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has it's tentacles lost their color over time?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back