Dying regal ange

klim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I bought a yellow belly regal angel and placed it in quarantine on arrival. Single 60l tank with live rock and ammonia monitoring . Not eating on arrival . Commencement of prazipro . Low copper to initiate with cupramine . This is what it looks like after 2 days while in treatment .
Curvature of spine and red batch on ventral body . Neurological ? Bacterial infection?uronema?
feedback welcomed A8AD7B80-154B-4E77-BDA0-189AE793040E.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9518.MOV
    26.5 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like a bacterial infection or constipation and curvature suggests it was distressed and behind a rock why rocks are not welcome in a quarantine setting

@Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I bought a yellow belly regal angel and placed it in quarantine on arrival. Single 60l tank with live rock and ammonia monitoring . Not eating on arrival . Commencement of prazipro . Low copper to initiate with cupramine . This is what it looks like after 2 days while in treatment .
Curvature of spine and red batch on ventral body . Neurological ? Bacterial infection?uronema?
feedback welcomed A8AD7B80-154B-4E77-BDA0-189AE793040E.jpeg
Sorry to see your fish in such a state. The video wouldn’t play for me. The curvature of the spine is likely agonal, as the fish is close to death. The lesion sure looks like Uronema to me. However, I also see some moderate fin damage, so I can’t 100% rule out physical damage.
As you likely know, this species is delicate and difficult to get through quarantine in good condition.
Jay

OP
OP
K

klim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see your fish in such a state. The video wouldn’t play for me. The curvature of the spine is likely agonal, as the fish is close to death. The lesion sure looks like Uronema to me. However, I also see some moderate fin damage, so I can’t 100% rule out physical damage.
As you likely know, this species is delicate and difficult to get through quarantine in good condition.
Jay
Thanks for the feedback .

OP
OP
K

klim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see
As you likely know, this species is delicate and difficult to get through quarantine in good conditio
Thanks for the feedback
could anyone please explain to me the issue of avoiding live rock in quarantine tank. Is it the risk of injury with fish rubbing on surfaces . Risk of introducing foreign pathogens ? If it came from my display tank that doesn’t have any fish disease for past year . is it still ok . Given it acts as a healthy biological filter. I don’t reuse them once done with quarantine .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back