E Marco 400 Vs. super glue

Eight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're completely different products for different uses. If you are building aquascape then superglue is almost useless since it's not thick enough to fill gaps. You will definitely want E-Marco. (See my build thread for some detailed photos on how I used it.)

If you're gluing frags then superglue gel will work, but I have found that superglue gel plus a putty like Apoxie sculpt is the best combination by far.

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of used both on my last aquascape. Even though Emarco sets fast, it's not fast enough that a small bump won't dislodge a joint. Instead I tacked all the rocks together with a couple tubes of super glue and then filled in the gaps and built up a joint using the Emarco. The superglue is nice because you can easily snap a rock off if you decide you don't like it before committing to cementing it in place and it sets almost instantly with the help of some activator. It gave the Emarco lots of time to set and the rocks I put together with this method are way stronger than the first ones I did with just the Emarco.

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used EMarco 400 for our rocks, I don't think superglue would have held the large overhang;

2019-09-26 16.20.34.jpg
2019-09-26 16.22.49.jpg

Tim

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can make flat frag racks with emarco on the bottom of your tank with emarco or to aquascape . superglue for putting corals on plugs and to assist small stuff. epoxy for attach plugs to non-plug areas. superglue for attaching flat discs to glass.

OP
OP
Walleye34

Walleye34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're completely different products for different uses. If you are building aquascape then superglue is almost useless since it's not thick enough to fill gaps. You will definitely want E-Marco. (See my build thread for some detailed photos on how I used it.)

If you're gluing frags then superglue gel will work, but I have found that superglue gel plus a putty like Apoxie sculpt is the best combination by far.
I just ordered some E Marco from BRS. THANKS!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back