East Central Mississippi & West Alabama

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for people to network with and perhaps frag swap etc. Would like to start a group. I'm currently in Meridian, MS.

IMG_0304.JPG

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm in Birmingham, AL. How's the reef scene in Meridian?

OP
OP
DSmithZ28

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm in Birmingham, AL. How's the reef scene in Meridian?
Terrible and only made better by the nations leading murderer of fish by Petco. I bought my 90 gallon cube form Aquarium Imports in B'ham. There is also two decent LFS in Jackson MS. That's about it. One guy locally cleans aquariums but nothing else.

Gordon Cashmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So anyone else in Birmingham? I also am in Birmingham. Want to hook up with some reef people and maybe buy/swap stuff. I'm mostly getting things from reef life aquariums near my house.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So anyone else in Birmingham? I also am in Birmingham. Want to hook up with some reef people and maybe buy/swap stuff. I'm mostly getting things from reef life aquariums near my house.
I'm also in Birmingham. There's a (pretty inactive) sub-forum on here dedicated to Birmingham.

ash9965

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drove to Atlanta last week only a 2 hour drive lots of nice stores . I really enjoyed one called nemo aquarium .

Codeman28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm possibly moving down to Meridan in the next couple of months. Hence why I'm looking at the saltwater scene. It doesn't look good.. I was trying to debate selling all my stuff and starting fresh.. but I might try to make the trip with everything due to the lack of available livestock.

OP
OP
DSmithZ28

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm possibly moving down to Meridan in the next couple of months. Hence why I'm looking at the saltwater scene. It doesn't look good.. I was trying to debate selling all my stuff and starting fresh.. but I might try to make the trip with everything due to the lack of available livestock.

We have a Petco... LOL Actually a lady is just starting a new LFS in a new building that is almost done. It's a start up so it will take her some time. We have a few dedicated reefers here and network via Facebook Group with folks in Jackson and West Alabama. the name of the FB group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EastMSWestALReefKeepers/

Would like for you to Join. And yes I would bring your Livestock for sure. If you need any help or temp storage I could help you. I have an warehouse/office. PM me.

Codeman28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I'll join. My wife has put a limit to my tank size.. it's a small 24 cube.. I can/will bring a bunch of zoa's.

Rctreece

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. New guy just getting back into saltwater. I live in Caledonia MS which is just north of Columbus. I am looking for people that can help me out getting back into this hobby.

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am currently in Wichita Kansas but moving to somewhere between Columbus and pass Christian in may. I know wide range I and my wife have family in Louisiana and I have family in Columbus so any where between is doable for us to be closer to all. I have kept a reef in my classroom for years and really hope to find a school that allows me to continue to do that. That being said I am also looking to connect with local reef groups the support of knowledge and places to trade frags and fish and generally help each other is a valuable lesson on many fronts for students. IF I cant reef in my school I will of course still have my home reef. MY LFS up here is holding all my live stock and shipping to me when I get set up. ( Great Guy) Also any FB pages for Mississippi reef groups would be a great piece of info. Look forward to Reefing in Mississippi!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back