EastCoastScaping and 603Lagoon Frag System

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New frag system to upgrade from my 20g long frag tank so that me and my brother have room to grow out many different coral frags. I decided to build it in a way to allow future upgrades and upscaling to bigger tanks/ more tanks. This sysetmis being built in a extra room in the basement, which is slowly being turned into a full on fish room, moving in my freshwater planted tanks. Next summer we will be setting up a 120g sps display and expanding the frag system.

7/16/2020 - building the stand
IMG_0966.jpeg

Stand is made from many cinder block, some 8ft 2x4s and 0.75inch sanded plywood.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7/18/2020
Tanks drilled and put onto stand.

7/ 28/2020
Plumbing assembled and finalized. Glued up.

7/ 31/2020
The filling process begins after 2 days of curing for pvc cement
IMG_1006.jpeg
IMG_1007.jpeg
IMG_1004.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been busy moving back into college but here are some updates.
8/3/20
System fully filled up with rodi water. Added some red sea blue bucket salt, which matches the water parameters in my 20g frag tank which is currently housing all my corals. I will be switching over to the red sea pro salt slowly over time utilizing weekly 20% water changes.
IMG_1013.jpeg
IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8/9/20
Got my fish in, mocha clown, blue damsel and a algae blenny which will be placed in the 40 breeder. I have another algae blenny, and percula clown in quarantine currently which will be placed into the 20g long, along with a ambon damsel.
IMG_1026.jpeg
IMG_1027.jpeg
IMG_1028.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8/19/20
Order some stuff online for the rodi station in the fishroom. Gonna use a ro buddie booster pump, aquatic life twist in system along with two 32g brute containers. Had to plumb in a sink, using the plumbing for a bathroom on the other side of the wall. Still have alot of work to do before its complete.
IMG_1020.jpeg
IMG_1039.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pictures right now but ill get some tomorrow. The 20g frag tank has a small aiptasia outbreak. The frag system is ready for coral though after I do a water change and clean the glass. When I transfer over the coral I think I will remount any coral will aiptasia and dip everything, anything not remounted will get rescrubbed. All my equipment will be soaked in hot water with citric acid for a hour, and then get scrubbed before transfering the equipment to the system. Still havent had time to hook up the mixing station but that will be done in a week or so.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what light are you using
Sorry for getting back so late, been busy with college finals. Ill be using a t5 led hybrid on the 40g and a dual t5 on the 20g long. Running a orphek or3 blue/uv and 3 ati blue plus and a actinic bulb. The 20g will just have 2 ati plue plus since I will just have zoas and some mushrooms in that tank.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some work done in the fish room. Got the rodi system all done, just need to finish plumbing the mixing station. Also picked up a wrasse for the 40 breeder, ruby longfin fairy wrasse has been in the tank for 2 weeks and is eating well, still cant get him to eat pellets though. Water test on the system showed PO4 at 0.07 and NO3 at 15ppm and dkh at 5.5. I think ill do a 1% water change to bring down the nutrients before adding corals.
IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the plumbing for the mixing bucket done. Started filling the bucket so I can start getting some salt water mixing. Look's like I am getting a little over 2 gallons a hour. Better than before using the Aquatic Life Booster pump, production rate doubled and waste water greatly reduced. In the winter in NH the cold water from the tap is in the upper 40s. If my tap was warmer I would probably see a higher production rate though. TDS is coming in at 200 and and after di its 0.
IMG_1311.jpeg
IMG_1312.jpeg
IMG_1313.jpeg
IMG_1310.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Skimmer arrived today. Got a Bubble Magnus Curve 5 45% off from Premium Aquatics during their black Friday sale. I think even after I expand the system with another 40g breeder, this skimmer will be big enough since Im not going for a heavy bioload
88141026-B2C6-4F47-B233-9C987FD2DD16.jpg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So been a while but first the bad news. The 20g frag tank has been doin good but last night when I went to feed the fish I saw 3 dead coral, 15 nearly dead and the others very angry. I ended up doing a 20gallon water change on the frag system, scraped the glass and the frag rack. Later today I will be transferring all of my coral over into the system and then the livestock and some equipment.
IMG_1367.jpeg
IMG_1368.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did another 20gal waterchange and added in the corals. Im planning on adding the fish and snails from the frag tank into the system tonight. The lighting is currently turned down to 8hr, which is a t5 hybrid running 4 ATI Blue Plus bulbs. Ill be turning it up 1/2 hour every other day till its on for 10 hours. At that point I will also turn on the Orphek OR3 Blue for 4 hours every day, the last two hours before T5 turns and then additional 2 hours. I still have some equipment to transfer over also from the frag tank later this week.
IMG_1371.jpeg
IMG_1372.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Update Before I go Back to School. I got my dosers/ATO nearly set up. I need to go pick up some more tubing for one of the dosers, I thought I had a few feet but turns out I had only a foot. ATO is all good and running. I also had to raise the skimmer cause the water level was too high but for tghe past 1.5 weeks its been running really well.
IMG_1407.jpeg
IMG_1409.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The room is starting to come together. RO and Salt mixing station is all finished.
IMG_1410.jpeg

I also started to organize and setup my dip/fragging area. Its coming together slowly but it will eventually get there.
IMG_1411.jpeg

I also got a Hydor wave controller for my two korallia nanos at the bottom of the 40g breeder. Its currently set on the alternating mode set for 1min intervals. So far so good. Tomorrow I will be installing the Icecap Gyre 1K into the breeder also.
IMG_1408.jpeg

I also got two clowns in the 20gal long below the 40g. That part of the system still needs the light mounted but thats something for another weekend.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention 2 weeks ago I added in 6 1/4in bergia nudibranch for my aiptasia. Aiptasia has slowly been disappearing so hopefully this solves my issue.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back