OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update coming soon. Been busy with school. Slowly cleaning things up, refining the space. Ended up having a tank leak that dumped 3gals of salt water unto the floor which caused the ato to dump all of its water into the tank while I was gone at school for the week. Nice surprise to come home to.

WestCoastCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update coming soon. Been busy with school. Slowly cleaning things up, refining the space. Ended up having a tank leak that dumped 3gals of salt water unto the floor which caused the ato to dump all of its water into the tank while I was gone at school for the week. Nice surprise to come home to.
oh no! sounds like an ordeal!

Cant wait to see the update.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh no! sounds like an ordeal!

Cant wait to see the update.
Ill try to get some pictures tomorrow. Turns out my Icecap 1K gyre is dead, controller works but pump wont start. I dipped it in some weak vinegar solution and cleaned it and it never worked again :( So I had to move the reefbreeders qp-5 plus from the 20gal to the 40gal. Now I need a new pump so I can put coral in the 20gal section

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update coming this weekend, busy with school so I haven't had time to take pictures and make some post.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So still haven't had time for photo updates. But since the end of march my frag tank has crashed. Nearly all the corals have died, it sucks but my brother has a few pieces in his tank and I have a few left in the system also. Also ordered the stuff for to setup a 40gal sps dominant display and a few upgrades for the system with plans to get new tanks, redrill them with proper overflows and upgrade the plumbing completely.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got some of my stuff in for my sps tank and the system upgrades. Ill be using a 40gal breeder drilled for a Eshopps Eclipse S overflow. I will be using three AI Nero 3's also for flow though I only have one right now. Fort sand I will be using 60lbs of Tropic Eden Mesoflakes which I have heard alot of good stuff about. My rock scape will be Marco Rocks reef saver and reef saver shelf rock. I got 20lbs of each and I will be using the E-Marco 400 to cement the rocks together. I also have a 3ft aquatic life hybrid fixture, which will be used to upgrade the 2ft over the frag tank currently. Lastly I got the new return pump for the whole system which will be a Coral Box DCA6000 which is capable of 1600 gph, which I really only need 300ish gph for each of the two 40gal breeders.
D6399035-C412-471C-A633-B87EA853BD93.jpg
B9866BEA-B7C6-42A2-92A9-169396449DB5.jpg
EC67C864-9771-4092-AF87-B8A26522C45C.jpg
Next update I hope will be in a few days after I drill the tank and start working on the hardscape.
B8E0A7E7-E861-41FD-A90E-17DAC5588FC3.jpg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the SPS tank drilled up, and the aquascape figured out and cemented. Tomorrow I will put the tank in its final spot, add the scape, sand and start mixing salt. In total I got 40lbs of Marco rocks cemented using EMarco 400 cement. Anyway though heres how the scape is looking.

IMG_2017.jpg IMG_2016.jpg IMG_2015.jpg

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great so far! Do you happen to have a schematic/plan for your water mixing setup? I have a similar space and would like to put something together similar to yours. Or if you found it on the web a link. Please please.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great so far! Do you happen to have a schematic/plan for your water mixing setup? I have a similar space and would like to put something together similar to yours. Or if you found it on the web a link. Please please.
Thanks! Ill get a picture and make up a schematic up tomorrow. Its basically two 35gal tubs, one on the ground the other ontop of a 2x4 platform that is 2ftx2ft and 4ish feet high. The top bucket is ro and has two valves, one goes directly into the second bucket(salt mixing) and the other is over the sink with a hose attached that can reach the floor for filling jugs/ clean water for cleaning and the hose also reaches the systems sump for easy water input. The salt bucket also has a long hose on it also that easily reaches all of the systems tanks for easier waterchanges.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the tank. I got the tank in place, hardscape and sand added and I have added the saltwater. I got the tank cycling, has been for a week now. I think I should be able to add livestock next week. I just need to finish the light canopy since the lights are on their way. I still need to plumb it but I will do that before I add the livestock.
IMG_2022.jpeg
IMG_2023.jpeg
IMG_2024.jpeg

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the schematic and photos for you. Sorry about how long it took, been working 55hrs a week in a restaurant and still trying to find time for track training and a social life.
IMG_2035.jpeg
IMG_2036.jpeg
IMG_2038.jpeg
Sorry for the mess in the pics, this room was storage room and I'm still trying to clean it out and organize.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! One final question. Do you wish your outlet on the salt basin was lower to get more saltwater production or do you have a power head in the bottom of the basin attached to it?
In have a 250gph power head attached to a T which allows me to mix the salt then switch a valve to pump it out.

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update, have alot of work done and alot more to get done in the next few days. Got the 20gal long replumbed, the new lights came in and the canopy has to be finished. Plumping still has to be done along with installing the new rodi system .

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome work! Any idea what caused the tank crashes though?
Sorry for the late reply, been busy with school. I do think I have a rough idea. I had a small heat wave were I live at the start of the summer, I wasn't prepared for it but the temperature predictions were high 80s, and the room the tank was in tends to stay cool, even on hot days like that it would ever really reach 75ish. Well the temperature got up to 95 causing the room to get into the 80s. When I came home from work I noticed the corals looked mad but alive, and looked promising enough that they would survive, though I did notice my large green fuzzy shroom was very shrunken up and in bad shape. The next day when I checked on the tank I saw no fuzzy shroom and most of my corals in worse shape, the sps were starting to bleach and zoas/lps were closed up. I think the fuzzy shroom released something into the tank when it melted that nuked the tank.

aydemir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply, been busy with school. I do think I have a rough idea. I had a small heat wave were I live at the start of the summer, I wasn't prepared for it but the temperature predictions were high 80s, and the room the tank was in tends to stay cool, even on hot days like that it would ever really reach 75ish. Well the temperature got up to 95 causing the room to get into the 80s. When I came home from work I noticed the corals looked mad but alive, and looked promising enough that they would survive, though I did notice my large green fuzzy shroom was very shrunken up and in bad shape. The next day when I checked on the tank I saw no fuzzy shroom and most of my corals in worse shape, the sps were starting to bleach and zoas/lps were closed up. I think the fuzzy shroom released something into the tank when it melted that nuked the tank.
Ah that sucks! I lost a freshwater shrimp tank from a heat wave too, probably lost close to 200 shrimps

OP
OP
EastCoastScaping

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So live stock has been added to the tank. Added 4 astrea snails so far, a lawnmower blenny about 1 month ago and a clownfish from my brothers 25gal lagoon a few days ago. Got some zoas a month ago also which have been doing alright and added my brothers corals from his lagoon 2 days ago. Everything is doing great so far.
IMG_2621.jpg
IMG_2620.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg

new rodi setup completed. Running a marine depot 4 stage ro basic 100gpd kit that then goes into two mixed bed Di cartridges. The stages are a 1 micron sediment into dual 5 micro carbon into a dow membrane. I will be switching it out to a 1 micron sediment ROSave.Z, 1 micron BRS carbon block then into a 0.5 micron PB1 carbon block. I Accidentally hooked up the waste line as the product line and wasting nearly two cartridges of di resin but thats fixed now. Got it running at 90-95 psi which from my research online should help with better rejection rate and help produce less waste water, since ro cartridges tend to be designed with 125psi working pressure.
IMG_2617.jpg
IMG_2616.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back