Thanks for any comments and help......
And Also GO BILLS

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm using EasyBooster and SpsEvo via my GHL doser. I'm currently using the 1500mL bags (previously 250mL pouches) of each. I'm dosing 1.3mL four times a day of each in my 90g sps tank and my corals couldn't be happier. Polyp extension is great, with some of my sps it's so prevalent, that I can't really see the tissue color of the coral/colony, just polyps. Microfauna, aka pods and the like are everywhere, even on clean glass. I absolutely love both products and I think they compliment each other rather well. Money well spent in my book.
Sorry, I can't help you with the BILLS, I'm a former Ohioan, so I'm a die-hard Browns fan (so pretty much a lifetime of hell, so to speak).

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I was hoping for good results as dosing make life easier for my forgetful mind.
As far as your Browns go they have to be better u would hope and it's a big year for Baker to see if he was that #1 pick because he sure wasn't last year

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 13ml a day in my 120g system. I started at the recommended amount, 3ml per 50g. It seems the more I dose, my nutrients keep going down. I was at 2.5 -5ppm NO3 before dosing. Im at .2-.5 now and the decrease corresponded to the increase of this food. I wonder if there's carbon in it.

Travis Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 13ml a day in my 120g system. I started at the recommended amount, 3ml per 50g. It seems the more I dose, my nutrients keep going down. I was at 2.5 -5ppm NO3 before dosing. Im at .2-.5 now and the decrease corresponded to the increase of this food. I wonder if there's carbon in it.
I noticed that once I started dosing it my alk consumption increased and I had to adjust my calcium reactor. Can’t confirm anything about nutrient levels though.

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them on order had to get them from 2 different retailers so they must be populer. Got a whole bunch of corals today to start this reef

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to elevate my Acro game. Just ordered EasyBooster and EasySPS.

Are you dosing directly into the display tank or can I dose into the return chamber in the sump?

Pic of my tank.
F2ACE97E-C4AB-4036-8E8E-C9DE4503B5FD.jpeg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hoping to elevate my Acro game. Just ordered EasyBooster and EasySPS.

Are you dosing directly into the display tank or can I dose into the return chamber in the sump?

Pic of my tank.
F2ACE97E-C4AB-4036-8E8E-C9DE4503B5FD.jpeg
I dose in the return section of my sump, but you can dose wherever is easiest for your setup.

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose in the return section of my sump, but you can dose wherever is easiest for your setup.

Thank you. I will follow your route and dose into the return chamber. Appreciate the feedback. Can’t wait to see how my acros respond.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. I will follow your route and dose into the return chamber. Appreciate the feedback. Can’t wait to see how my acros respond.
No problem, keep us posted and take some pics now and in a few weeks. I actually saw results fairly quickly when I started dosing. PE was the first thing I noticed, then growth.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing 4 ml a day of each into my return using Kmore X1 pumps for one month now. I have noticed more polyp extension . My growth on some SPS is very noticeable and my Alk consumption has shot up tremendously. RedSea Reefer 250 with a 10 gallon frag tank plumbed in.

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing 4 ml a day of each into my return using Kmore X1 pumps for one month now. I have noticed more polyp extension . My growth on some SPS is very noticeable and my Alk consumption has shot up tremendously. RedSea Reefer 250 with a 10 gallon frag tank plumbed in.

That’s great to hear. I ordered qty 2 K-x1 to handle the dosing as well. My hopes is to automate the coral feeding and still see the same or better results from my current feeding routine. Currently, I’m feeding benepets, brightwell coral amino, acropower, reef energy ab+.

Here’s a sample of my SPS growth.
8B5A4B87-3243-4440-8EE9-016D2B99F100.jpeg

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great to hear. I ordered qty 2 K-x1 to handle the dosing as well. My hopes is to automate the coral feeding and still see the same or better results from my current feeding routine. Currently, I’m feeding benepets, brightwell coral amino, acropower, reef energy ab+.

Here’s a sample of my SPS growth.
Whats your reason for going with so many different types? I notice a lot of reefers do this but never quite understood it. Do you use them all at once or alternate?

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your reason for going with so many different types? I notice a lot of reefers do this but never quite understood it. Do you use them all at once or alternate?
I alternate since they all are different types of foods. It sounds like the 2 products from EasyReef is a complete feeding solution so I can stop manually feeding those other products. That’s my goal at least. lol

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys still liking this stuff? If I go with a 1500mL bag of each it would last me a year for the ~$180. I just got a new bottle of acropower to go through though!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You guys still liking this stuff? If I go with a 1500mL bag of each it would last me a year for the ~$180. I just got a new bottle of acropower to go through though!
I'm still using it (and EasyBooster) and loving it. I would return the acropower, because you won't need it. Evo is a complete food source, so the aminos are kinda redundant.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy enough to connect to a doser pump from the bag? I seen people pouring the stuff into glass containers instead. Continue skimmer and UV etc while dosing ok? I'd only need 4ml daily of each.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Easy enough to connect to a doser pump from the bag? I seen people pouring the stuff into glass containers instead. Continue skimmer and UV etc while dosing ok? I'd only need 4ml daily of each.
I'm only dosing 6mL a day of each. I use the 1500mL bags with the pro adapter without issue. When I first started with the 250mL bags, EasyBooster didn't come with the tap, so I drilled a hole in the cap and used silicone to hold a barb from an old wooden airstone and connected it to my doser with RO tubing. The Evo bag (250ml) came with a silicone tap, so it connected just fine. I think some people chose not to buy the pro adapter and used something else to hold the contents.
The bags are designed to collapse when the liquid is withdrawn, so I've never experienced any issues with it not pulling the contents.
12F24DFB-6C82-49A3-9090-44C4A35C2339.jpeg

It's not pretty, but the bags are designed to hang from a hook.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back