EB4 Amp spike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not entirely sure if this is in the right forum but I experienced something a little unnerving last night. My EB4 recorded some amp spikes at 4am through about 430am. The spikes recorded as high as 90amps (momentary of course) before everything on the EB4 kicked off. The GFCI/AFCI plug must have tripped or completely failed as I’m unable to reset it. The only thing on the EB4 was the return pump (280watts) and an 800watt heater. The breaker kicked off and I still registered occasional amp spikes even though nothing is plugged it. It worked flawlessly for a few weeks and of course problems started when I began a 2 month trip and only my spouse to look after it. Any ideas or tips? Suggestions? Precautions? I’m not exactly sure of what to do here. The dedicated 20amp circuit also had a ground probe on it (not the EB4- the wall outlets). Could that have caused a problem? Any help would be appreciated.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start unplugging by unplugging the heater to see if the spikes stop. If not, try the pump. Something maybe shorting out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back