eBay feature that lets you know if a seller is Shilling you.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this Anti Shill feature existed before and I never noticed it before but from looking online I don't see anybody mentioning it during my quick google search.

I thought this might be very helpful to you guys as I just realized I am bidding against the Seller who is using multiple accounts against me and how I found out is actually very easy.

When you place a Bid and then someone bids against you go in and click on their name in the bidding list eg (2****s)
You will see their profile with Bidding Details.

The line you are interested in is this one:

Bid activity (%) with this seller:
100%
This is a copy and paste of the first bidder who kept on jacking up the price with several bids.

Now I clicked the help and it states:
"This shows the percentage of all bids from this bidder that went to this specific seller "

One other bidder has the same 100% and he has now taken over from the first account. So the seller is using two accounts against me.

A few other bidders have 0% and one has

Bid activity (%) with this seller:
6%

This is a very cool tool, I am now just leaving my bid at what I think is fair price and let the guy buy back his own item if he tries going any higher.

I hope this helps some other R2R members navigate the treacherous waters of eBay.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking out and that's some bs I wouldn't buy from that seller ever not cool ty very much for info and exact reason I only buy it now

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If complaints to Ebay are made about this, they really will investigate and find out. If it is the case, they will put a end to it.
Here's what ebay has to say about it....
Report shill bidding
We thoroughly investigate every report we receive. Sometimes, though, what appears to be shill bidding may actually be a legitimate transaction. If there's evidence of shill bidding, we take action, ranging from listing cancellation to referral to law enforcement.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reported stuff in the past and nothing happened for weeks and even then it seemed like the guy just got a warning notice . I can get fast refunds from PayPal but as far as it comes to dealing with bad sellers, eBay seems to move very slowly.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back