Eclectus mushroom question

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes an eclectus mushroom concidered an ultimate eclectus. Cause I've seen a few people post them and call them ultimate, I was wondering if it has to do with color or if it's more to do with pattern. Or if it's just something they are saying lol. Cause I've seen some eclectus are more yellow and red vs the green and red and I was wondering if that's why it's called ultimate or if it was because they had crazy patterning. I was just wondering because my eclectus has what I would call really nice patterning and is green with a lot of red
20210714_143435.jpg

648361871.jpg

Sorry the 2nd pic isn't very clear cause the water was moving on ther surface and I didn't unplug the return? So I guess is it a color thing, a patterning thing, is it lineage, or just something someone made up lol

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’m lucky I consider them all ugly since they’re so expensive lol. To each their own. I’ve got my own expensive corals so I’m not taking any high road. These just aren’t for me. I am curious though so I’ll follow along.

OP
OP
Carson789

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’m lucky I consider them all ugly since they’re so expensive lol. To each their own. I’ve got my own expensive corals so I’m not taking any high road. These just aren’t for me. I am curious though so I’ll follow along.
Idk I've always liked eclectus mushrooms and I don't mind the price cause you can always see it as an investment, high end mushrooms tend to hold value pretty well. But that's a for a whole different post lol

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with that. I have my own investments. This particular one is one i don’t get though. So I skip it. I actually hated all mushrooms til I got a freebie one. I still hated it for A few months in my tank but it grew on me. I got a couple More now. Somehow the ones I like the best seem to be the cheap ones though.

OP
OP
Carson789

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get that, one of my favorite things in my tank is a colony of daisy cutter zoas. I'm just trying to see what makes them qualify as ultra eclectus and if mine makes the cut lol

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but I believe ultra eclectus generally have all three colors. Red, yellow, and green.

OP
OP
Carson789

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure. I haven't actually seen one with all 3 but I bet it would look nice. All of the ones I've seen listed as ultra are either green and red or yellow and reddish purple

OP
OP
Carson789

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those do look nice. The ones I've seen listed just have the 2 colors. Maybe their pics just didn't show all 3 well

Back