Ecometry - New tester comming out of Spain

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

primero-2-1024x411.jpg

It costs 700 eur and each electrode costs 10 eur (does 50 tests) and measures several parameters : NH4, NO2, NO3, PO4, pH, salinity, TDS, EC, hardness(freshwater) and density at 24ºC (saltwater).

No reagents or calibration needed.

I hope the measurements are accurate and precise. Videos will be coming out soon.

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our scientific grade probe at Uni (which was massive) couldn't measure all those parameters, I doubt a 10 euro probe would be able to with any level of accuracy.

I would love to be proven wrong though so look forward to the videos!

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After being psyched initially by Seneye, then really disappointed, I agree that this sounds too good to be true. Particularly the PO4. Anyway, I really hope this works. Also, yet another example of why I should've taken Spanish in high school instead of Latin. Yes, Latin.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing seneye did well was show the reality of cycling to a world that was once told it paused or stalled.

seneye gets 100% credit for upending the cycling rules game in reefing. I have yet to see a better nh3 meter than seneye

(better meaning a tuned one reads what other tuned ones read in post-cycle display tanks, the variance is within a tight group any tank they're ran in, this range meets oceanic data for tropical reefs its not just pulled out of a hat by the meter and we dont have any testers that can state seneye nh3 is wrong)

I think folks dislike the seneye par and pH readings though as checked on other systems. Can't wait to see what this one says about total ammonia if that's what it reads.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a large discrepancy, consider the dosing differences people would undertake based on tester owned

how do we know which one in the comparison is right

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Xepta has a pH probe that I callibrate every 4 weeks.

The Seneye is located in the return pump compartment and it's just a few inches underwater.

I have a calcium reactor so I believe the Xepta is closer to the truth.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The latest update corrected some of minor flaws and significant improved the firmware and the app.

The machine is a bit more clever with the dosings and you check the results and dosings on the cloud.

I am much more confident in recomending Autobalance now. It's been reliable but the app is still ugly, the charts are useless and you need too many taps to access the most used functionalities. These are all minor things.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the warranty is 2 years.

Among my videos there are over 500 hours of footage from Lake Tanganyika. Believe it or not there's a few people who watched them all.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xepta’s website is very slow loading and glitchy too. So buying one is going to be a challenge as well. If you create an account the only country you can live in is Spain as that is the only option. Even the link to contact them apparently doesn’t work. That leaves eBay .

Do you recall how long the warranty is?

Thanks for your comments about the unit. I believe that I can either log the test results manually or use an app similar to the one that you use. I am slowly going through your You Tube vids.

I must say I'm quite impressed with how well the Autobalance dealt with a complex situation redently.

I dose kalkwasser, then I have a calcium reactor and on top of all that, the Autobalance.

I have the Autobalance since June 2020 and since then, corals grew a lot. As a result, Autobalance was having to dose large amounts because the calcium reactor just couldn't keep up.

A few days ago I replaced the calcium reactor with a larger one and I am beyond impressed with how well the Autobalance managed the transition without a hicup on KH levels in such a complex environment.

Screenshot_20211004-141850_autobalance.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back