Ecotech doesn’t reply. Support form isn’t working or they just don’t care?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided to try Ecotech products acquiring a Vortech pump mainly because read lots of good testimonies about Ecotech customer support.
A few weeks after I’ve placed a question using their form and several weeks have passed and still no answer. Only living sign it’s the automatic receipt email with ticket reference and link.

Is this normal now a days? I’m doing anything wrong?

OP
OP
Alfrareef

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Europe? Great service...
After creating the ticket they reply telling that they shall answer in 1 business day.
Perhaps they only have support for US customers!

Thanks for your time. It was more than Ecotech has spend with me.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a couple instances of support tickets never being answered. Just this morning I had my MP10WQD drop out of the master/slave pairing. It's happened several times, I've filled out support requests, no answer. Maybe just waiting for the warranty to expire. Don't get me wrong, I love the products, just have had sketchy response on support.

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that I've had the complete opposite experience, in always receiving incredible customer service over email and the phone. I've even had to send a pump in for service per there recommendation which was out of warrenty and I thought was an garbage goner and they saved me a ton of money by fixing the pump.

Last edited:

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that I've had the complete opposite experience In always receiving incredible customer service over email and the phone. I've even had to send a pump in for service per there recommendation which was out of warrenty and I thought was an garbage goner and they saved me a ton of money by fixing the pump.

Maybe I'll try again. It only takes me about 1 minute to re-set the Vortec's when they drop out, but it's frustrating.

OP
OP
Alfrareef

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked up my old tickets. Reach out to Chris Fernandez in PA if you can call in. Otherwise email a ticket. Chris and his team fixed all my issues.
[email protected]

Thanks. I’ll try that way.
This is really frustrating. When one decide to give them a try they fail at one important aspect considering what you pay for their products...

OP
OP
Alfrareef

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked at ecotech support automatic e-mail and it’s that email, so it’s useless.
I’ll search for some employee email and lets see what’s happen.

xionggotstyle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just call. Its better that way. When you email you shouldnt expect them to respond right away. I've called weekdays and its pretty good. They can even go into your account to try to fix the problem or will walk you thru fixing a problem.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ll try that way.
This is really frustrating. When one decide to give them a try they fail at one important aspect considering what you pay for their products...
Just sent a question to the email address above and got a reply already on Saturday. Give it a try.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been my experience too. I made a complaint to them about the service (lack thereof) I was getting here in Australia and they just deleted the ticket. I resubmitted it & Same again. Posted it on Reef2Reef - deleted. Seems to me they only like to take your money and hear good feedback…

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow once again, what a disapointment! This is the 3rd time this week I've said this about this company

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn’t the first company I have heard about issues with responses from a ticketing system or not getting emails back from, but I never understand why everyone is so against calling the company. I would just try calling them and see if you get some traction on your issue.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that everyone wants to email or text. The idea of talking to someone seems foreign to some people now. However you will get better service if you take the time to talk with them. No one wants to try and fix your problem with a string of back and forth emails. When a five to ten minute phone call, could fix your issue. I've had problems before with equipment that back and forth emails would have driven me crazy. Just call like everyone says above. You will get the help you need.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just looked at ecotech support automatic e-mail and it’s that email, so it’s useless.
I’ll search for some employee email and lets see what’s happen.
I realize that calling ETM from Europe is not a option, but can you call the European distributor?

Try sending Ecotech a email and in the subject bar write Attention Alex.

OP
OP
Alfrareef

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that everyone wants to email or text. The idea of talking to someone seems foreign to some people now. However you will get better service if you take the time to talk with them. No one wants to try and fix your problem with a string of back and forth emails. When a five to ten minute phone call, could fix your issue. I've had problems before with equipment that back and forth emails would have driven me crazy. Just call like everyone says above. You will get the help you need.

It’s not foreign to talk with someone.
Why should I call to someone that for support ask my email, address, phone number and sends me a reply like this:
“Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine’s Customer Support Department. Your request (#xxxxxx) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. You should receive a response from a customer support representative within 1 business day of submitting your request.”

The first ticket I’ve open was Oct,3!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back