Ecotech joins BRS as a sister company..

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year Reef Builders published an article that touches on this subject. One paragraph illustrates this discussion well:

"One thing which is sure to change is not necessarily how Bulk Reef Supply does their various product reviews, but how ‘independent’ they are perceived by the public. It’s going to be much harder to take BRS’s messaging about various LED lights now that they own the SKY LED light, it’s going to be taken with a grain of salt when BRS has things to say about Sicce pumps now that they own the COR pump, so on and so forth with dosing pumps, auto top off kits, refugium lights etc."

Whether the change is immediate or gradual, it's sure to come.

I'm so glad I can DIY almost everything in the tank.

It is widely known that reef builders has bias towards Neptune.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is widely known that reef builders has bias towards Neptune.
Ok, sure. I'm not sure why that unsupported statement would be relevant to this discussion, or to the point I was making.

Regardless, this thread, and the RB article address the acquisitions and the difficulty BRS will encounter in regards to whether the public can trust statements/claims BRS makes in their videos going forward.

BTW, this is my 1,000th post on R2R!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, sure. I'm not sure why that unsupported statement would be relevant to this discussion, or to the point I was making.

Well when I read that paragraph you referenced it specifically noted the acquisition or partnership with Neptune and their product. I don't believe that is relevant or needed for his article. Kessil and Sicce are not worried about Neptune selling what may be perceived as competing products (wave makers, pumps, and lights for example). They integrated with the Apex via the iota stack for a nice quality of life improvement for hobbyists.

To your point - maybe I'm reading too much into it. Then again my hang up is that media socialites and news these days do not remove their bias when reporting. I think that hurts the hobby more than anything else. I'll also note that I don't really view BRS content as advanced discussion. Some content is ok like the salt mixing and storage but most of it is not something I'd say is advanced. Maybe you said it or someone else but it is commercial.

Not sure if I answered it correct but hope that helps my reply.

Regardless, this thread, and the RB article address the acquisitions and the difficulty BRS will encounter in regards to whether the public can trust statements/claims BRS makes in their videos going forward.

Sure - agreed. I give them the benefit of the doubt until we see most if not all products part of their acquisitions covered or sold and the competition removed. I believe Ryan is goal driven and has a vision. And that final vision is an IPO end game. I'm probably wrong but that is how I see it which is why I see most common products sold and not just what is under their company.

BTW, this is my 1,000th post on R2R!

And I was the lucky person to get it :) Just kidding - but seriously congratulations. Active in the community is good to see. Hope your day is going well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back