Ecotech joins BRS as a sister company..

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I called BRS this mourning to discuss Flow pumps, particularly the MP40. I was told the BRS, as of today, owns Ecotech Marine.

First question I though of is that since BRS also own Neptune are they gonna make them play nice together and let Apex control the lights and pumps again. I got a "not sure what the future will be with that"

interesting news

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called BRS this mourning to discuss Flow pumps, particularly the MP40. I was told the BRS, as of today, owns Ecotech Marine.

First question I though of is that since BRS also own Neptune are they gonna make them play nice together and let Apex control the lights and pumps again. I got a "not sure what the future will be with that"

interesting news
Yes x1000. Please make Ecotech products controllable by Apex again!

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

interesting news
Can someone else confirm this

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not good... :( For pricing and innovation. Maybe good for interoperability but I'd love to see GHL become legitimate market competition for the Apex (I run all Apex now but would like options).
I love my neptune not a fan of ecotech but maybe they do better with brs money

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not good... :( For pricing and innovation. Maybe good for interoperability but I'd love to see GHL become legitimate market competition for the Apex (I run all Apex now but would like options).
GHL is next lol

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they can kick things in gear production wise for Ecotech. Covid seems to have really kicked them hard on that front.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they can kick things in gear production wise for Ecotech. Covid seems to have really kicked them hard on that front.
New ecotech products (skimmer?) And hopefully work with neptune to make a compatible powehead that looks nice without having a power supply

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes but not BRS and hopes for better customer service for Ecotech product.
Although many have had success with their CS, many more I know of including myself have not.
Where is BRS getting the funds for all these acquisitions- Affirm ?? (ok - that was a joke)

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't found anything. Maybe tomorrow?

Same. Not calling OP a liar. I’ll just believe an official statement before something a CS rep blurts out.

personally, I’m not bothered either way. Only ecotech I have is a vectra m1 I got used. Other than that I’m a coralvue and reefbreeders guy. Nothing against ecotech, just not my cup of tea.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back