Ecotech Marine has the best customer service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 minute phone call to Ecotech Marine and they are warrantying a 6 year old MP60 wet end. I called to find a way to buy one quickly and customer service listened to my issues and said that if i just send it back, they will replace it under warranty. 5 Stars to Ecotech Marine !!!!!!

csscuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had better luck than me. i have 6 AI Prime 16HDs and just found one smoking. when i opened it up i found the fan wire was melting with now bare wire showing. i then opened up 3 more and those wires are starting to turn also. so i called AI (Ecotech) and they said that they have never heard of this and to send them back so they can see what they can do. So i asked "How Much" they said they will have to see first. so i guess i will just have to wait form my house to burn down to figure this one out.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had better luck than me. i have 6 AI Prime 16HDs and just found one smoking. when i opened it up i found the fan wire was melting with now bare wire showing. i then opened up 3 more and those wires are starting to turn also. so i called AI (Ecotech) and they said that they have never heard of this and to send them back so they can see what they can do. So i asked "How Much" they said they will have to see first. so i guess i will just have to wait form my house to burn down to figure this one out.

Ecotech isn't AI. Different company bro.

csscuba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI.....

EcoTech Marine, Aqua Illumination (AI) Announce Merger​

24 Feb, 2014

“This merger provides an opportunity for EcoTech Marine and AI brands to fill specific niches within the aquarium industry,” said Tim Marks, president of EcoTech Marine. “It was a move that just made sense given both companies’ commitment to advancing aquarium technology by offering never-before-seen engineering and software solutions to aquarists with ever-improving products.”

also the shipping address is the same for both companies and all of the emails conserving my issues have this as the return address

<[email protected]>

So it does appear they are linked.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Thankfully out of the $10,000+ in Ecotech equipment I own, I’ve only had one failure where I was told by a rep I’m SOOL. The light caught fire. I sent it in on my dime. Was told it’s not repairable and they could either send it back (at my cost) or dispose of it there. They offered a small reduction in cost on a new hydra but after shipping, exchange, and duties the cost ended up the same as buying a new unit here in Canada after tax. This was my one and only experience with their service. I currently own 3 mp40s, 2 mp60s, a Vectra m1, 2 Nero 5s and 8 radion g4 pros. I had 3 hydra 52HDs up until a few months ago when I switched to t5 and reefbrite. I have no complaints about any of my gear, I just pray that I don’t have to reach out to them again.

sante21079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with Ecotech customer service has been stellar. They have been very fair (sometimes, too fair) with my dealings.

Sylvester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far the best customer service I have ever dealt with . 2 year old MP40 blew up and I just covered the shipping. Brand new unit sent within days. 2 year old XR 30 Gen 3 LED light puck had burnt LED's and they sent a whole pad for no cost.

Bravo Ecotech!!!!! 5 star +

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back