Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well dang that’s pretty awesome support. take note, Neptune sys
You dare summon him here?! ;)

On that original video note, sounds like an oldschool dot matrix printer haha. Second video, 200ml/minute, sounds about even with the Maxi, and yes, they are much better at pitch and overall sound than the DOS at those speeds for whatever the reason. Looking like a better release than I had thought it would be initially. Hope it works out for you guys long term.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish EM sold long lengths of the silicone tubing. On my masterflex I have to replace roughly every 6-8 months or so. EM seems to only sell the short assembly with the barbs and everything for $20 a piece. Going to be lame to have to pay $20 every 6 months or so for a new tube assembly
I got my tubing here.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the VERSA 4 pack and 2xDOS. Here's my quick review. I LOVE THE VERSA SO FAR. EASY to set up with blue tooth. Blue tooth works 2 rooms over down the hall in my refill station! Dosing at 2 Gallons over 12 hours on continuous mode EASILY 100x quieter then DOS !!! I can not it even hear it and don't have it in the cabinet. I don't have to build a special cabinet to keep it quiet (tank is in the main room). Super easy to calibrate, customize and setup. If you are going the Auto Water change route, hands down superior. I will still use my DOS for ESV 2part, ACRO power, and auto-topoff (less then 1000cc day) and hook it all up with the apex.

OP
OP
krakenwrangler

krakenwrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the VERSA 4 pack and 2xDOS. Here's my quick review. I LOVE THE VERSA SO FAR. EASY to set up with blue tooth. Blue tooth works 2 rooms over down the hall in my refill station! Dosing at 2 Gallons over 12 hours on continuous mode EASILY 100x quieter then DOS !!! I can not it even hear it and don't have it in the cabinet. I don't have to build a special cabinet to keep it quiet (tank is in the main room). Super easy to calibrate, customize and setup. If you are going the Auto Water change route, hands down superior. I will still use my DOS for ESV 2part, ACRO power, and auto-topoff (less then 1000cc day) and hook it all up with the apex.
Appreciate the feedback. Seems like EM always makes a solid product. What is your main reason for using DOS for everything except AWC? Do you just like the all-in-one approach with Apex? Do you have a Trident?

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the feedback. Seems like EM always makes a solid product. What is your main reason for using DOS for everything except AWC? Do you just like the all-in-one approach with Apex? Do you have a Trident?

OF the 4 pumps, ONE IS BROKEN already:(( I am in contact with customer support. Interestingly, I only hooked up 2 pumps initially. When one stopped working, the other stopped as well preventing any problems. I hooked up the other pumps and they seem okay. WILL update, ecotech customer support has been good in the past.
I don't like the DOS for AWC for anything more then a rate of 2 gallons over a 12 hour period because it is really loud. I have a Trident and haven't hooked it up yet. Will use the DOS for dosing 2 part, acro power and for manual top off.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have since set up 2 versa's for AWC as well. I'm currently running them constant at 13.2 ml/min (5 gpd) and both pumps are dead silent. DEAD SILENT!

I know a lot of people like the noise of the Dos, because it alerts them that it's working. I personally prefer not to hear anything and get a text alert if something is wrong.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any insight on replacement frequency of the peri tubing (a function of usage of course)? I was a little surprised to see silicone tubing rather than something more robust like the pharmed tygon tubing. Or maybe it's not more robust LOL.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Versas are running silent at 1/4 gallon an hour for a 12 hour schedule for AWC (3 gallons day). The only issue was the one pump out of 4. CUSTOMER CARE great so far. They will get back to me on Monday with a plan of what to do. Not to worried. As far as the noise from the DOS for AWC, it is not too bad for 2 gallons a day or less over 24 hours. For a main living room, it is pretty loud for anything much more. I am not selling my DOS as will use with a trident (once I set it up) for 2 part, acro power, and refill auto-top off.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did receive my replacement versa today. This one is clunk free :). I will eventually use it as my CaRx feed pump, once I'm convinced it is up to the task. I'm going to run it at 120 ml/min for a while just to see. FWIW, the versa is about the same noise level as my MasterFlex but is quieter than the DoS at a broadly comparable speed ….. though it is certainly not silent.

I don't find mobius to be all that intuitive frankly (probably just me; I don't take to new things all that well) and I actually had to call ETM because it would not find the new pump. Had to delete my old tank name and add in a new one to find the pump. The behavior of constant mode is also a bit weird. Sometimes it accepts my desired dosing rate but then at other times it says the rate is too low. Curious if anyone else see this? Short of unplugging the pump, there seems no way to temporarily turn the pump off when in constant mode. I would really encourage ETM to get at least some basic instructions out for navigating mobius.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service got back to me with a solution. Slide open clear protective case. Turn wheel a bunch of times, re-home, re-calibrate. Working well now. I have not tested at high speeds as I won't be running it more then 5 gallons over 12 hours. I am going to let it break in over the weekend at 5 ml/minute. The first two pumps appear to be working great.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any insight on replacement frequency of the peri tubing (a function of usage of course)? I was a little surprised to see silicone tubing rather than something more robust like the pharmed tygon tubing. Or maybe it's not more robust LOL.
It's not a silicone tube, it is in fact tygon brand specifically for peristaltic pumps. It's softer and more flexible than the traditional PharMed tubing and it resist collapsing. Plus it's reported to last longer. Given the application, it's an all around better choice than PharMed... As far as replacement intervals, ETM has simulated years of water changes and have yet to replace one.... I doubt there will be a replacement interval, you'll replace it when it breaks....

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a silicone tube, it is in fact tygon brand specifically for peristaltic pumps. It's softer and more flexible than the traditional PharMed tubing and it resist collapsing. Plus it's reported to last longer. Given the application, it's an all around better choice than PharMed... As far as replacement intervals, ETM has simulated years of water changes and have yet to replace one.... I doubt there will be a replacement interval, you'll replace it when it breaks....

Thanks for the reply, I guess we shall see.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys having a leak issue with the push-to-connects on your VERSA? I've tried both RODI tubing alone and their push-to-connect barb. Both have resulted in a drip-leak when the pump is running.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No leaks on my pumps. I used RO tubing as well as DOS tubing on both the push connect and then switched to the barbed fitting like you did as I think its a smoother fit. I would take the RO tubing and barb out. Cut the RO tubing and cram it back on the barbed fitting and then put it back in making sure the push to connect is even when inserting.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other words, dilate the rodi tubing with the barn and then stick it in the push to connect?

I did some more testing and my inlet side is also not air right. I using an RODI tube cutter to ensure a flat, clean cut. I went ahead and tested the same tubes on regular John guest fitting and they’re air tight.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always the 1 dollar part that causes the problems. At least the motor and rollers look to be in good order. I would send the video and place a ticket on it. They will fix it ASAP, most likely by just sending out new tubing and connectors to insert. BTW You can open the unit by sliding the plastic part off.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleased to say that the replacement versa is working flawlessly. I’m running it at 120 ml/minute, and while I can hear it, it’s much quieter than the DOS. Not quite as quiet as the MasterFlex, though takes up a lot less space.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always the 1 dollar part that causes the problems. At least the motor and rollers look to be in good order. I would send the video and place a ticket on it. They will fix it ASAP, most likely by just sending out new tubing and connectors to insert. BTW You can open the unit by sliding the plastic part off.
Yeah, it should be an easy fix for Ecotech. On a side note, I posted this in the BRS facebook page, and several people are experiencing the same issue with their push-to-connect fitting on the Versa.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back