Ecotech Marine Mobius and Versa Pump vs. Neptune Apex and DOS

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it should be an easy fix for Ecotech. On a side note, I posted this in the BRS facebook page, and several people are experiencing the same issue with their push-to-connect fitting on the Versa.

I love the pumps. I did a 3 gallon water change in 4 hours and it was super quiet. The apex dos doing a 4 gallon water change in 12 hours sounds like a whirly bird.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All-

Today we identified the problem that some people had with push-to-connect seals; it was a sneaky little issue but we found out why and implemented a corrective action. If your pump doesn't leak right away then it's fine and you have nothing to worry about. But for anyone who experiences this problem out of box, we will send you a replacement of this tube carrier part immediately beginning tomorrow. We're here to help and I'm sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All-

Today we identified the problem that some people had with push-to-connect seals; it was a sneaky little issue but we found out why and implemented a corrective action. If your pump doesn't leak right away then it's fine and you have nothing to worry about. But for anyone who experiences this problem out of box, we will send you a replacement of this tube carrier part immediately beginning tomorrow. We're here to help and I'm sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused.
Thanks for the quick response. What was the issue?

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys having a leak issue with the push-to-connects on your VERSA? I've tried both RODI tubing alone and their push-to-connect barb. Both have resulted in a drip-leak when the pump is running.

I got my single Versa on Friday. Leaking exactly like yours, no matter what I've tried. Emailed Ecotech and have a replacement coming. I saw a post of FB where a guy took apart a John guest fitting and removed the oring and swapped it out on the Versa Fitting. I tried that today while waiting on the replacement and it fixed the leak.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my single Versa on Friday. Leaking exactly like yours, no matter what I've tried. Emailed Ecotech and have a replacement coming. I saw a post of FB where a guy took apart a John guest fitting and removed the oring and swapped it out on the Versa Fitting. I tried that today while waiting on the replacement and it fixed the leak.
I tried that also and it didn't fix my issue :(.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link to the FB page

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link to the FB page
It's on club melevsreef. I'm the OP... Scott Wilson responded in my thread. Solved my problem.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 3.49.25 PM.png

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All-

That guy was me, my leak came back. I've been in contact with support and I should have a new one on the way soon.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That guy was me, my leak came back. I've been in contact with support and I should have a new one on the way soon.
Thanks for telling me. I'll keep a close eye on mine while waiting for replacement. I put a Neptune leak detector under it just in case.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reality to me is the customer service that Ecotech has vs Neptune. If Ecotech made a power bar I would be gone today. I contacted them about a pump that was 13 months old having power problems. They sent me a new power supply and controller ASAP, free of charge. Neptune meanwhile sucks. I have a 7 month old EB832 and 3 of the ports have died (horrible) but they want me to ship it back to them without an advanced replacement. Screw that, Apex runs my tank (chiller, heater, skimmer, pump, DOS, ATO etc etc) living without that for a week is not acceptable considering how new the gear is.

Not to mention that Ecotech announces a product and not only is it quality but it ships within a reasonable amount of time. Neptune announces a product, the quality sucks, they can't produce them within any reasonable amount of time.

ECOTECH PLEASE MAKE A POWER BAR SO WE CAN ALL DUMP NEPTUNE.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving my Versa pumps. Only problem is if you are outside Bluetooth range you can't control it. Not an issue for me, as I have it hooked up to my apex for emergency turnoff while I travel (water level sensor).

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reality to me is the customer service that Ecotech has vs Neptune. If Ecotech made a power bar I would be gone today. I contacted them about a pump that was 13 months old having power problems. They sent me a new power supply and controller ASAP, free of charge. Neptune meanwhile sucks. I have a 7 month old EB832 and 3 of the ports have died (horrible) but they want me to ship it back to them without an advanced replacement. Screw that, Apex runs my tank (chiller, heater, skimmer, pump, DOS, ATO etc etc) living without that for a week is not acceptable considering how new the gear is.

Not to mention that Ecotech announces a product and not only is it quality but it ships within a reasonable amount of time. Neptune announces a product, the quality sucks, they can't produce them within any reasonable amount of time.

ECOTECH PLEASE MAKE A POWER BAR SO WE CAN ALL DUMP NEPTUNE.

I do like the 'hot swappable' program where ETM will send you a replacement in parallel to returning the faulty gear. Neptune has done this for me a couple of time too, though I don't know if it is their regular policy. Sound like you either got a bad 832 or are overtaxing it.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the pumps. I did a 3 gallon water change in 4 hours and it was super quiet. The apex dos doing a 4 gallon water change in 12 hours sounds like a whirly bird.
I agree. The directions is you will be blind out of the house. There is no monitor on how much it been dosing or over dose. You have no way of shutting it off or even know if it is power on vs leaking. You have to constantly monitor your bottle and ensure you still have things to dose

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving my Versa pumps. Only problem is if you are outside Bluetooth range you can't control it. Not an issue for me, as I have it hooked up to my apex for emergency turnoff while I travel (water level sensor).

Give us some time and we'll likely surprise you...

Back