EcoTech Marine Radion G4 Full Release Information! BRAND NEW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you excited about the release of the new Radion G4?

• Yes

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are going to be around the $700 price point.
For the XR15s? Maybe for the XR30.
It wouldn't make sense for them to almost double the price of the lower model. The changes wouldn't justify a $300 raise in price.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the XR15s? Maybe for the XR30.
It wouldn't make sense for them to almost double the price of the lower model. The changes wouldn't justify a $300 raise in price.

Oh yes sorry about that!

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was saying the G4 are on Marine Depot for $400

Yeah so I screwed myself for buying too soon. Oh well, there was no way I would've known since they just recently started releasing info.
I just really like how the new HEI lenses spread the PAR evenly..

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol just my luck. Should have been more patient. Got 4 30 pros last week. Ahhhhh!! Lol wonder how they will work together as I still need another 4 for my set up. Oh well.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so I screwed myself for buying too soon. Oh well, there was no way I would've known since they just recently started releasing info.

I posted an image of the "leaked" info of the G4 about two weeks back, I even submitted it to reefbuilders, but they never published it. Most likely at the request of EcoTech. In fact, one of the threads I posted on RC got deleted. So go figure.

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted an image of the "leaked" info of the G4 about two weeks back, I even submitted it to reefbuilders, but they never published it. Most likely at the request of EcoTech. In fact, one of the threads I posted on RC got deleted. So go figure.

I actually did see your post. It was already too late at that point though lol

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it happened a few months ago with Neptune and the new Apex.

I like the HEI Lenses too and they have not confirmed or denied to me if they are making them for the G3. I hope they do!

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't seem like it would be difficult for them to make the HEI optics for the G3s. The lenses on the G3 are already interchangeable between the regular and TIR..
There's still hope. Unless they're money hungry and want everyone to upgrade to the G4s for the HEI optics

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah it happened a few months ago with Neptune and the new Apex.

I like the HEI Lenses too and they have not confirmed or denied to me if they are making them for the G3. I hope they do!

According to how I read these FAQ's they are not going to be. The G3 will only be supported for 24 more months.

111.jpg

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be blunt I usually don't get excited about much of anything Ecotech. I do love the Vortech's I have and in the end was glad I floundered around and didn't buy any until the latest quiet version came out. Now for the G4's I feel tempered excitement that maybe there is finally a good LED only solution. I was a long time MH/T5 user who eventually went to 5 Kessil 360WE's and my feeling for some time has been the only good solution (other than MH/T5) is a hybrid T5/LED but have not been terribly impressed with the current offerings. I'm not going to hold my breath but I'm somewhat optimistic about these lights. In about 6 months after the dust settles with any issues worked out I may give these a shot. Just really want to see how it goes with the first adopters issue and performance wise. Been burned too many times by new releases. Most of all I want to see real world user accounts of how well the new lenses actually perform and how close they come to the light spread with a good reflector with T5 and/or MH. My biggest issue has always been the shadowing and the typical underneath brown or die out of many corals as they grow in size.

Price wise pretty steep as usual for Ecotech. $2397 for 3 x XR30 Gen4 Pro's and tack on another $285 for the RMS setup I would want. I guess the lights are somewhat in the realm of LED reason but the mounting accessories are a bit excessive in price. Seriously though for a high end product and this price point and the best they can do is 1yr warranty? At least 2yrs like Kessil would be more appropriate.

I feel for the users that got bit by recent purchases but upgrades only go for so long and then its time to force customers to buy all new product and shell out more $$ (classic marketing drop a bomb). The price I guess for supposedly improved tech. Same thing just happened to all the Apex users with the sudden announcement and no upgrade path. Like with Apex though I'm sure there will be lots of earlier gens for sale cheap.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek::eek::eek: $800.00 per unit - price tag is pretty steep. I have a SPS dominate tank, I would need 4 units..then the reef link , then the RMS.

I'm out .................... going to buy ATI with reef brites ;)

ajskennes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i just watched the marine depot video, they had a g4 pro hanging next to a g3 pro, i think the new lens is gonna be a problem for those who have their tank in a room like a living room the light shines out badly, it was bright on my computer screen i can only imagine what it would be close to a tv

Squamosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did Ecotech stop claiming upgradability as a selling point? I own 6 - G3 Radions. Having an upgrade path was a selling point for me, and now I can't upgrade. I wonder if they'll offer a loyalty discount to people who bought Radions last year. Kinda dissapointed that they haven't gotten in front of this issue.

Like being kicked in the teeth isn't it?

How to alienate your whole, previous client base!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back