Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,
A couple of weeks/months ago I bought the Radion G5 Diffuser and I decide to make a Review about them to help people to decide if they think they should get one or not.
During my investigation, I got surprised by the data that I collected!

Here my video:

To be fair, I don't like the Radion G5 Step effect it those on the bottom of my tanks (where we really notice it), so for me, it was a no brainer to buy the diffuser.
I'm very please with the results with the G5 Diffuser, with the Radion Pro we lose 9% and for the Blue about 6 to 7%. That is low for what it does.
My only complaint would be the price (yeah well ya know...reefing) and the magnet might but too tiny to my taste, other than that, the design and practicality is awesome.

I hope that will help other reefers to get their heads around it.

- Aqua Splendor

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you know what material the diffuser is made of? I see a pretty flimsy looking plastic.
It’s basically a frosted photography gel filter which are typically made from thin polycarbonate material. Pretty standard.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,
A couple of weeks/months ago I bought the Radion G5 Diffuser and I decide to make a Review about them to help people to decide if they think they should get one or not.

Here my video:

To be fair, I don't like the Radion G5 Step effect it those on the bottom of my tanks (where we really notice it), so for me, it was a no brainer to buy the diffuser.
I'm very please with the results with the G5 Diffuser, with the Radion Pro we lose 9% and for the Blue about 6 to 7%. That is low for what it does.
My only complaint would be the price (yeah well ya know...reefing) and the magnet might but too tiny to my taste, other than that, the design and practicality is awesome.

- Aqua Splendor
Thanks for doing this. I put them on all of my XR15 Pro units and was wondering just how much I was losing by doing so.

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

Here my video:

- Aqua Splendor
BTW it's really a great video, it's nice being able to see high res video of the tank with and without the diffuser on. I agree the diffuser creates a nice gentle shimmer, my favorite look as well!

Do you utilize the weekends for tank tasks?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 130 61.9%
  • NO

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 61 29.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

CWT Aquatics - Acrylic Sumps, Tanks, and More!