EcoTech Marine XR30W PRO Gen 4

Questiongurl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
My aquarium maker suggested that I get 2 EcoTech Marine XR30W PRO Gen 4 lights for a new 150gal tank.
is there an equivalent but less expensive light that you would suggest?
Do you have any Pros /Cons for the suggested light or your recommendation??

TIA
QuestionGurl

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of options out there really depends on what you want to spend and what you want to grow...

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think at this stage it doesnt really matter what you want to grow. That would be an answer to how many fixtures would I need and how much spread is needed. Budget matters it sounds like and there is a wide range of leds with a wide range of prices. Radions are at the top the price range and are great if you want a Corvette or Ferrari for lights but some nice black boxes will do the job or a Reefbreeders fixture or a Razor. I feel that many lfs' and suppliers will always recommend the high cost lights first. The Radions are great lights but theres plenty of options.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok after giving it some thought here's my new advice. And I love the LEDs but my heart is with T5s and M/Hs also. This is a new tank, maybe your first, and you've been recommended to get some radions. I would find locally maybe a nice used Teck or Aquatic Life 6 bulb T5 fixture with good reflectors for a couple hundred bucks. Put some blue plus and coral plus bulbs in there with an actinic or 2 and you are off to the races. You will have all the par, spread, spectrum you need for penny's compared to Radions. Then you can spend your days researching LEDs and seeing them in action over other tanks and really figure out where you want to go with lights. Lots of options again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back