Ecotech Mobius, I Am Trying To Wrap My Head Around The Benefits!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree completely with you. I actually own a set of four of the Versa pumps and love them, they work great...but, I travel often and most recently got stuck away from home for 4 months (due to the shutdowns associated with COVID-19). I needed to increase the dosing on my calcium reactor and couldn’t do it due to no internet connection to the Versa pumps! I lowered the pH in the reactor using programming on my Apex and that worked for about a month, but finally had to have a friend go to the house, download the Mobius app, logon with my credentials and adjust the dosing levels. Had the Mobius “ecosystem” included the promised internet connection, I could have done this easily. Very disappointed in EM for moving to this system without including the connectivity. This is simply an indication of the type of company they are.

I shall say it again...

YOU knew this going into it, you decided to buy a product without internet capability, EM actually haven’t promised anything, it’s likely they will develop it, but it was never a carrot on a stick.
You knew all of this, and the fact that you sometimes travel, and decided to buy it anyway.

“This is simply an indication of the type of company they are”
Yes, the type of company who released a product EXACTLY to specification and many people like it.

FYI I don’t have the versa, actually have very few EM products right now, but I’m sick of people complaining about them.
If you don’t like it, buy the GHL which is remotely controllable.

ChangNoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shall say it again...

YOU knew this going into it, you decided to buy a product without internet capability, EM actually haven’t promised anything, it’s likely they will develop it, but it was never a carrot on a stick.
You knew all of this, and the fact that you sometimes travel, and decided to buy it anyway.

“This is simply an indication of the type of company they are”
Yes, the type of company who released a product EXACTLY to specification and many people like it.

FYI I don’t have the versa, actually have very few EM products right now, but I’m sick of people complaining about them.
If you don’t like it, buy the GHL which is remotely controllable.
That is not entirely true. I went to shows where they advertised connectivity. They did this using very high-level words and many more than just me, didn’t catch the nuance initially. This is the company that bought the competition and didn’t incorporate the technology that made that competition have an edge over them. Aqua illumination is now owned by EM and the AI lights have Wi-Fi built in... and it works great, always has. They should have put Wi-Fi in their lights, IMO. They eliminated the competition and the result is that they can do what they want to do. No one to compete with. And yes. When I purchased the Versa my understanding was based on my visits to the EM booth and the videos I watched saying that they can be controlled remotely. It was not just my impression/assumption.

ChangNoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly.
Apparently he had to get his mate to come round after a few months, dang fish must have bitten his arm off.
The fish were fed every day. I departed with the friend coming in to fill the feeders every 3 weeks. The time away was simply extended beyond the planned 30 days.

ChangNoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not entirely true. I went to shows where they advertised connectivity. They did this using very high-level words and many more than just me, didn’t catch the nuance initially. This is the company that bought the competition and didn’t incorporate the technology that made that competition have an edge over them. Aqua illumination is now owned by EM and the AI lights have Wi-Fi built in... and it works great, always has. They should have put Wi-Fi in their lights, IMO. They eliminated the competition and the result is that they can do what they want to do. No one to compete with. And yes. When I purchased the Versa my understanding was based on my visits to the EM booth and the videos I watched saying that they can be controlled remotely. It was not just my impression/assumption.
I own a number of EM products, including MP40’s. I just purchased an MP10QD (Mobius ready), because EM says that when they do activate the internet connectivity that top end devices “like Radions and MP pumps” will become the hub to which all other Mobius compatible products will connect to the internet/cloud. I am hoping that they do this soon and yes, it is my opinion that they should have had this from day one with the new platform and that it is taking way too long. I’ve worked on high end military reconnaissance systems for now 40+ years. I design electronics and develop software. I know what this takes and again, this feature is taking way too long to be incorporated in the product. By the way, what bothers you about people being critical of a supplier? These sorts of requests (for features) is something that companies appreciate. It provides the necessary feedback that allows them to realize sales and maintain demand for their products (as long as they care to remain competitive).

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Mobius and Apex user I am happy with both solutions, not thrilled but happy. EM has said that internet connectivity is coming, not here yet, which is fine because my investment in Apex will just continue to work. I would rather they release it when it is solid than take the APEX method of releasing it with major issues and letting us users beta test their stuff for a year.

Have I had a MP die, yes after several years of service. Have I lost ports on my Apex EBs, yes after a few months of service. I would rather see a slow roll that is stable than a blistering pace with tons of potholes along the way.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because EM says that when they do activate the internet connectivity that top end devices “like Radions and MP pumps” will become the hub to which all other Mobius compatible products will connect to the internet/cloud.
Just so that people don't get the wrong idea. Currently, the only device ETM has in production with wifi capability is the radion g5.

I got the impression that any new equipment that etm is going to put out will have the wifi chip installed. But currently the vortechs, versas, and vectras don't have wifi capability.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a number of EM products, including MP40’s. I just purchased an MP10QD (Mobius ready), because EM says that when they do activate the internet connectivity that top end devices “like Radions and MP pumps” will become the hub to which all other Mobius compatible products will connect to the internet/cloud. I am hoping that they do this soon and yes, it is my opinion that they should have had this from day one with the new platform and that it is taking way too long. I’ve worked on high end military reconnaissance systems for now 40+ years. I design electronics and develop software. I know what this takes and again, this feature is taking way too long to be incorporated in the product. By the way, what bothers you about people being critical of a supplier? These sorts of requests (for features) is something that companies appreciate. It provides the necessary feedback that allows them to realize sales and maintain demand for their products (as long as they care to remain competitive).
Wasn’t Mobius released to the public at the end of June fully? So just a few months ago... during a global pandemic.

You’d think somebody that states the cause of having to change the way he left his tank because COVID forced him into a delay to return home would understand the delays the pandemic has likely put on ECOTECH MARINE to produce a feature that is a welcome add on and not advertised as standard......

During a global pandemic.

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t Mobius released to the public at the end of June fully? So just a few months ago... during a global pandemic.

You’d think somebody that states the cause of having to change the way he left his tank because COVID forced him into a delay to return home would understand the delays the pandemic has likely put on ECOTECH MARINE to produce a feature that is a welcome add on and not advertised as standard......

During a global pandemic.

I had mobius on my XR30 G5's in Feb

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You develop software and electronics for the military, but you are unable to hit the return key, or even put a double space after a full spot.

I look at messages like this and then look away, it's just a mess of text.

I also develop software, and these guys will have a feature / user story board, which is prioritised based on bug fixes, new product releases and then additional features.
Only recently they now support other pumps on Mobius, so they are indeed doing updates, I've also had multiple updates for my XR30's.

Just because they didn't yet release a feature, which publicly they've never commented on, to the best of my knowledge, you decide to say that they're a terrible company.
Back to my point, you decided to buy the product, they didn't force you.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about this? Let me release it when they feel it ready not when we want it. I for one would love to EM to release a power bar, that way we can begin to have some real competition with Neptune. Right now Mobius is good enough because I wouldn't change anything it controls without being home.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mobius on my XR30 G5's in Feb
My bad - Completely forgot the G5's had it way before the rest of the line up.

Either way, any 'unpromised' features that any company was working on from March onwards could well be excused due to this global pandemic, one way or another.

Oceandude666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its not the point of what you wrote but even in ESL you couldn't fully switch your pumps off from what i remember. So even if Mobius offered exactly what ESL did you wouldnt have been able to do that which i think is the point most have been making (removed remote connection in Mobius like ESL had).....Apex control was your guardian then which i highly doubt will come back.

Although you can now switch pumps off in Mobius, most recent update allowed for it.

I can definitely see why remote connection will be extremely useful especially in your situation and will welcome it, just think its only something id use in an emergency case, not just in general.
I can't find how to switch off my MP40's in Mobius. What screen is that on? Thanks!

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find how to switch off my MP40's in Mobius. What screen is that on? Thanks!
If you just want them off for a bit of maintenance then hit:

live demo - select your pumps - scroll across to feed mode - pull down on the percentage bar until zero and hold there until a 3 second timer pops up. This will turn the pumps off until you tell them to return to the schedule.

Oceandude666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just want them off for a bit of maintenance then hit:

live demo - select your pumps - scroll across to feed mode - pull down on the percentage bar until zero and hold there until a 3 second timer pops up. This will turn the pumps off until you tell them to return to the schedule.
Thanks so much! Worked like a charm. :)

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to stoke the fire or anything, but I chatted with them about my recent reeflink purchase and basically was told I wasted my money and not to downgrade my gen 5 xr15, that wifi was coming soon.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back