Ecotech Mobius, I Am Trying To Wrap My Head Around The Benefits!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius does not work as expected with Android or iOS. It is simply badly developed software!
Crazy how you blanket statement that though - Yes people have had issues, like everything, but many, many people have not.

I have 4 lights and two pumps on Mobius and it all works flawlessly - To me, it is not badly developed software.

Ive been involved with around 20 odd units being upgraded to mobius - flawlessly - No issues at all.

Why is it difficult to understand that the problems you see, experience or read about are not always experienced by everyone?

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then that's great for you to have other problems with it. many others, like me, have this one and it doesn't matter whether android or ios!

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then that's great for you to have other problems with it. many others, like me, have this one and it doesn't matter whether android or ios!
What is the problem you are talking about? Just overall you hate it, ok hear that. I had a mixed experience in the beginning but lately it has been much better and have been very happy with it. I run 3 lights and 2 pumps on it with zero problems now.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your missing my point though - You are blanket stating that it doesnt work and is badly developed. Im not blanket stating its the greatest thing ever invented.

I understand it has issues for some users, ive helped said users plenty and most of the time its a simple user error or setting that wasnt acknowledged with the majority ive helped.......But you dont seem to understand it doesnt give issues to many users and im simply saying your blanket statement for all to see is not correct.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently converted to Mobius. It has a little bit of a learning curve. Now that I‘m getting used to it I can say it’s working fine for my needs. (3 Radion G4s, 4 Vortec MP40s, 2 Vectra M2s) All where upgraded to operate on Mobius as none where programed for it. They all used to run on reeflink.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just to add here I have given feature requests to Ecotech on Mobius for things I would like added or changed. For example when creating a dosing schedule which goes for 1.1ml every 45 minutes you can't just state that you have to add an occurrence every 45 minutes by hand. All doable but annoying, this should be a scheduling thing. However I was able to do it just not in an ideal manner for me.

Dosing schedules, light schedules, pumps, firmware updates etc are working well today, that is what I can say.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest Modius update for the Versa now has container size and alerting. I know Neptune had this for the DOS for a while but improvements are coming patients.

ZoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to disagree witht eh remoter access. There have been a few times where I have need to do soemhting with pumps or my versa and needed to use wifi sockets to run those devices off. Extreme situations but when i'm hours or days away can make a huge difference. Not to mention just the range can be a hige pain when trying to calibrate or make changes even when at home.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have bought two MP 10's, and two MP 40's used, and they have white control boxes. they are wifi versions, just older.

I have a reef link.

I have four MP 60's that have black contr boxes. I am not clear if they are mobius compatible. They say RF Module, part number 10169 is installed.

I have two brand new MP 40's and two brand new MP 60's.

The MP 60's and MP 10's go on one tank.

The MP 40's on another.

What the heck should i do? Update to mobius the older MP's? Run reeflink?

Will these all talk with one another?

Thanks for any help...

Last edited:

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your missing my point though - You are blanket stating that it doesnt work and is badly developed. Im not blanket stating its the greatest thing ever invented.

I understand it has issues for some users, ive helped said users plenty and most of the time its a simple user error or setting that wasnt acknowledged with the majority ive helped.......But you dont seem to understand it doesnt give issues to many users and im simply saying your blanket statement for all to see is not correct.
Do you own stock in the company or something? You are out here trying to die on the hill for them

blatherdrift

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is software written from the ground up by eco tech. They’re migrating the AI stuff to work with it. My guess is they’re preparing to enter the controller space. I hope they offer a cheap alternative to apex when all you want is a ph monitor and logging for example

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you own stock in the company or something? You are out here trying to die on the hill for them

Yes thats it - You figured it out - 9 month old post but you got there.

Because i understand and work with a countless amount of these with people in the hobby and can easily tell percentages of issues people have had have all been corrected with a quick explanation rather than it actually being an issue with the software - It makes me some sort of Ecotech shirt wearing follower :rolleyes:

Im not out here trying to "die on a hill for them". Im "out here" passing by those that make statements that are ridiculous like their speaking for every single user when in reality, theyre speaking for the very small minority.

I had an issue with my "Lamborghini" last month - What a crap car that is - Everyone must agree as my issue is for everyone, right - Right? - RIGHT? :p

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you made many posts lol not just that one lol
Correct - Thats oddly how participating in a conversation tends to work. Multiple replies and all that. Even "weirder" is that, that tends to happen more especially being on a forum board - built for......conversations.

Pretty clear your just doing the pointless "He said a few things about a company that some poeple disagree with - He must own shares in that company..........obviously" thing and fairplay to you.

FYI - You are posting in the ECOTECH sponsors section ;)

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, Mobius has been so frustrating for me I won't consider another piece of hardware that uses it.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, Mobius has been so frustrating for me I won't consider another piece of hardware that uses it.
Interesting I have 10 devices on It without issues. I would share what your issues are might be easy to solve.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back