Ecotech Radion G3 Motherboard Repair

SimonHP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers. Does anyone have experience in replacing the main board on a Radion G3. I have bought a replacement board from Ecotech but I can see no way of removing the old one and replacing it. The main board is attached to circuitry that comes off the LED boards that are glued onto the heat sink. It appears that I must somehow remove the LED boards from the heat sink in order to access the main board. RISKY!
There are no instructions on the Ecotech knowledge base that I can find. I'd be grateful for any advice.
Thanks in advance, Simon.

OP
OP
SimonHP

SimonHP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Reef-Tripp, that answers my worry. The thermal compound that attaches the clusters to the heat sink is not as hard as I thought it must be. I thought it was like a hard glue but I see from the video that it is soft. Thank you.

ncfishguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers. Does anyone have experience in replacing the main board on a Radion G3. I have bought a replacement board from Ecotech but I can see no way of removing the old one and replacing it. The main board is attached to circuitry that comes off the LED boards that are glued onto the heat sink. It appears that I must somehow remove the LED boards from the heat sink in order to access the main board. RISKY!
There are no instructions on the Ecotech knowledge base that I can find. I'd be grateful for any advice.
Thanks in advance, Simon.
How much was the board

Mr. GoodStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious, did you recently purchase this board from them? I may need one and just wondering if they still sell them.

ncfishguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious, did you recently purchase this board from them? I may need one and just wondering if they still sell them.
They gave me a discount on a new gen 5 instead I went withv

Haggus75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get in touch with Ecotech as I have a "usb connection" with my light... I did search for a mainboard but could not find one anywhere.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I'm aware, Ecotech does not sell mainboards or any other parts not already listed on their website. I repair them fairly regularly. They used to offer replacement LED clusters for a while.
If the light doesn't turn on, but the USB connection is working, it's not always the main board that is the problem, but could be the LED cluster instead.

Back