Ecotech ships with Mobius tomorrow...how to upgrade?

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey now. I read ecotech is starting to ship Vectra’s with Mobius built in and I wonder what that means for people like me who just bought a Vectra a week ago.

do you think I will need to upgrade the controller? I mean it’s not the end of the world, but I’m just sayin’

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following along as well, got my M2 about 2 months ago, curious about it. i know they make an upgrade chip according to the support website

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just a firmware update for the old gear. There are some MUCH older pieces that might need a new chip. If your old stuff works and you’re happy leave it alone. If you want to use Mobius, do the update.

S2, M2, L2 won’t need a chip.

Any new pumps will simply already have the firmware factory installed.

Last edited:

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if you have the black RF chip you are ready to go. If you have reeflink you can also check and it will say if its Mobius ready. Doesnt surprise me. I just bought a reeflink like a week or so ago and they announce this

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have the black RF chip you are ready to go. If you have reeflink you can also check and it will say if its Mobius ready. Doesnt surprise me. I just bought a reeflink like a week or so ago and they announce this

how do I know if I have the black ref chip

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Open up the light or controller. Takes like 30seconds. They said since like 2019 they have been shipping devices ready for mobius with the black rf chip

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a reeflink like a week or so ago and they announce this

That’s on you lol. Move to mobius has been pretty obvious for months. Fortunately Reeflink will still work as well or as poorly as it always has ...

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s on you lol. Move to mobius has been pretty obvious for months. Fortunately Reeflink will still work as well or as poorly as it always has ...
I knew it was coming but from what it kept seeming like it was going to be a few months out still. We shall see what happens tomorrow.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on continuing to use reeflink myself. I have seven Gen4 radions and nine or ten vortech .... only two of which are mobius ready. No interest in replacing all those chips. Plus, reeflink/ESL has been mostly flawless for me.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking on the phone with a local friend yesterday who was cussing and cussing the mobius. You might want to consider waiting until a lot of bugs are worked out... this does not seem like an "upgrade" yet. You also might get more help as people go through this. If you don't need to be on this cutting edge, it might be smart not to be.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a first adopter of anything from Ecotech with this entire Mobius app situation. I've been burned by companies beta testing firmware on thier customers in the past. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Besides, I have my tank working just fine as is.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking on the phone with a local friend yesterday who was cussing and cussing the mobius. You might want to consider waiting until a lot of bugs are worked out... this does not seem like an "upgrade" yet. You also might get more help as people go through this. If you don't need to be on this cutting edge, it might be smart not to be.

yet AI has mostly no issues

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is true, that is amazing since AI and EcoTech are the same company for the past 4-5 years.

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is true, that is amazing since AI and EcoTech are the same company for the past 4-5 years.

I have 3 AI primes for fresh water, a Nero that works and connects fine and have had a Prime for saltwater that was fine.

I’m not saying the program was amazing, but it works and connects.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back