Ecoxotic Cannon Pro LEDs - Marine Actinic

Discussion in 'Aquarium Lighting By Dana Riddle' started by MacD, Nov 12, 2017.

1. MacD

MacD Member

Hello everyone! I've noticed a newer model of the Ecoxotic Cannon LEDs, and the Marine Actinic looks very promising with the spectrum chart; along with the power, different lenses and of course the 5 yr warranty. I've attached the spec sheet for easy viewing.

What do you think about this item? - Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks Lights! Camera! Reef! Reef Squad Leader Photo of the Month Award Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I'm usually in the if you like it buy it side.

But you should know , these are designed for long wide areas. Big frag tanks and public aquariums

It's a puck. So in a frag tank or big tank you use use a bunch in them. Having a lot of them reduces shadowing. And it's naturally what you need to do over a big tank. Like 8x8 or more.

So for a cube , one wouldn't be my first choice even if it has enough par. A Radion or ap700 because of the dual pucks.

What size tank are you using them for ?

MacD likes this.
  3. MacD

MacD Member

Hello SaltyFilmFolks. Thank you for the info and I am thinking of a 40 gallon breeder at this time. I would be ordering a least two to help with an even light spread in the tank. I will be upgrading to a much larger tank in the future (150 or bigger) and that is also driving the selection of this light fixture. I would love to use Kessils (360s or AP700) or perhaps a Radion G4, but I am not willing to spend so much money on a fixture that has a 1 year warranty. The marine version of the Cannon Pro can be purchased at Aquatic Warehouse (link below) for $665 - and I think the extra money spent on the cannon has several benefits when compared to the Kessil and Radion:

-5 year warranty
    -No moving parts/no noise and IP65 water resistance rating
    -Multiple beam angle selections to accomodate shallow or deep tanks
    -High efficiency with pulse-width modulation (PWM)
    -Spectrum has amazing coverage
    -Single light source/multi-chip LED, so shimmer will be amazing along with color blending to avoid disco effect
    -Remote and controller included

Link: https://www.aquaticwarehouse.com/cannon-pro-120-watt-marine-reef-circular-pendant-rgbw-

saltyfilmfolks likes this.
  4. saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks Lights! Camera! Reef! Reef Squad Leader Photo of the Month Award Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Cool. Glad I could help.

I do definitely reccomend a light meter to set the light intensity.
    IMO.

I was at AW yesterday as a matter of fact.

MacD likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted