Ecoxotic Cannon Pro LEDs - Marine Actinic

MacD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I've noticed a newer model of the Ecoxotic Cannon LEDs, and the Marine Actinic looks very promising with the spectrum chart; along with the power, different lenses and of course the 5 yr warranty. I've attached the spec sheet for easy viewing.

What do you think about this item? - Thanks!

Attachments

• Cannon-Pro-Specs.pdf
    655.4 KB · Views: 482

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm usually in the if you like it buy it side.

But you should know , these are designed for long wide areas. Big frag tanks and public aquariums

It's a puck. So in a frag tank or big tank you use use a bunch in them. Having a lot of them reduces shadowing. And it's naturally what you need to do over a big tank. Like 8x8 or more.

So for a cube , one wouldn't be my first choice even if it has enough par. A Radion or ap700 because of the dual pucks.

What size tank are you using them for ?

OP
OP
M

MacD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello SaltyFilmFolks. Thank you for the info and I am thinking of a 40 gallon breeder at this time. I would be ordering a least two to help with an even light spread in the tank. I will be upgrading to a much larger tank in the future (150 or bigger) and that is also driving the selection of this light fixture. I would love to use Kessils (360s or AP700) or perhaps a Radion G4, but I am not willing to spend so much money on a fixture that has a 1 year warranty. The marine version of the Cannon Pro can be purchased at Aquatic Warehouse (link below) for $665 - and I think the extra money spent on the cannon has several benefits when compared to the Kessil and Radion:

-5 year warranty
-No moving parts/no noise and IP65 water resistance rating
-Multiple beam angle selections to accomodate shallow or deep tanks
-High efficiency with pulse-width modulation (PWM)
-Spectrum has amazing coverage
-Single light source/multi-chip LED, so shimmer will be amazing along with color blending to avoid disco effect
-Remote and controller included

Link: https://www.aquaticwarehouse.com/cannon-pro-120-watt-marine-reef-circular-pendant-rgbw-

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello SaltyFilmFolks. Thank you for the info and I am thinking of a 40 gallon breeder at this time. I would be ordering a least two to help with an even light spread in the tank. I will be upgrading to a much larger tank in the future (150 or bigger) and that is also driving the selection of this light fixture. I would love to use Kessils (360s or AP700) or perhaps a Radion G4, but I am not willing to spend so much money on a fixture that has a 1 year warranty. The marine version of the Cannon Pro can be purchased at Aquatic Warehouse (link below) for $665 - and I think the extra money spent on the cannon has several benefits when compared to the Kessil and Radion:

-5 year warranty
-No moving parts/no noise and IP65 water resistance rating
-Multiple beam angle selections to accomodate shallow or deep tanks
-High efficiency with pulse-width modulation (PWM)
-Spectrum has amazing coverage
-Single light source/multi-chip LED, so shimmer will be amazing along with color blending to avoid disco effect
-Remote and controller included

Link: https://www.aquaticwarehouse.com/cannon-pro-120-watt-marine-reef-circular-pendant-rgbw-
Cool. Glad I could help.

I do definitely reccomend a light meter to set the light intensity.
IMO.

I was at AW yesterday as a matter of fact.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back