EddieJ's Red Sea 425xl Build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by EddieJ, Jan 7, 2018.

1. EddieJ

EddieJ Member R2R Supporter

The NYOS runs best in around 8 inches of water .. the reefer sump runs at around 11 inches in the skimmer compartment. So the stand will raise it up 3 inches ..

2. EddieJ

Houston , we have ignition..

Ok, initial saltwater fill and startup is in the books. Still waiting on my skimmer stand but I figured I would get it starting it’s breakin routine. Have the Tunzes in the tank and have started fiddling with the flow. Still messing with the drain as you can hear some noise in the video. Very happy with the very low noise level of the equipment. Did some PAR test with the Mitras and wow, they can bark some PAR! Using a SPS light composer setting and then setting the energy options to high output I can get 250+ on the bottom of the tank with the Mitras 11 inches above the water line . Initial testing around the tank shows very even PAR coverage and no hot spots . So now I wait for my live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater which should make it here by the end of the month. Gives me some time to get the electrical done and Profilux setup.

3. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Fantastic!

How many days until it goes to "Houston, we have a problem"? :p

4. EddieJ

Isn’t that the truth !! One thing about this hobby .. there is always a problem ..

Brew12 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted