(Edit: no longer new and no longer have the tank)My new Saltwater Tank (also new to the hobby)

What fish could I get?

• Clown

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Goby

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Fire shrimp

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT: no longer even have the saltwater tank anymore. It died over the summer cuz of the pump :( also I’m no longer new to R2R lol I’ve been here almost a year and I’m a supporting member. I have turned the evo into a freshwater betta and pea puffer tank

hey everyone. I just got a new tank which is also my first saltwater. I’ve had a 10 gallon freshwater for about 2 years and now I have a fluval sea evo 13.5. I just want some advice and suggestions please thanks.
I currently have 1 clown fish in the tank that I just got today. I cycled it for about 2 weeks with live rock. Then my LFS tested the water and said I could put a clown. Appreciate any advice thks

Last edited:

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME TO R2R!!I would wait a few more weeks before adding anything else to the tank.This will allow the tank to cycle a little more.To much to soon may spike your ammonia and lead to unwanted issues.

Last edited:

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. I just got a new tank which is also my first saltwater. I’ve had a 10 gallon freshwater for about 2 years and now I have a fluval sea evo 13.5. I just want some advice and suggestions please thanks.
I currently have 1 clown fish in the tank that I just got today. I cycled it for about 2 weeks with live rock. Then my LFS tested the water and said I could put a clown. Appreciate any advice thks
Welcome to R2R! Take things slow...

Let's see some pics of of that Fluval!

#welcometor2r

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME TO R2R!!I would wait a few more weeks before adding anything else to the tank.This will allow the tank to cycle a little more.To much to soon may spike your ammonia and lead to unwanted issues.
Thks I will try to. My LFS actually told me to take the water back in two weeks to test and maybe get more fish.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have fun here. I know I do. Welcome to R2R!
989c5f169278795b91fa6075203f141a.gif

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS actually told me...
First piece of advice - don't trust anything your LFS tells you. They want to make money off of you. Some advice will be good, but bottom line is they have to make a profit. Double-check everything they suggest before you act.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Give it a few more weeks, I vote a clown goby and a small clownfish! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First piece of advice - don't trust anything your LFS tells you. They want to make money off of you. Some advice will be good, but bottom line is they have to make a profit. Double-check everything they suggest before you act.
Who can I check with? Should I just research it?

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who can I check with? Should I just research it?
You can research it (there is a search function here) or simply post just like you did now and ask a question. There are no stupid questions - only stupid answers. Whatever you ask here will be replied by a large community that only has interest for you to succeed as a reefer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back