Effects on nutrients during Dr Tims Cyano treatment?

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm considering doing Dr Tims Cyano treatment. More info on their treatment here

For those of you who have done that program, what have you observed with your nutrient levels? On the info page for the Dr Tim treatment, it explains how it adds bacteria that take up the nutrients, then you remove the bacteria, thus removing the nutrients. My concern is impacting my nutrient levels negatively.

I have cyano come and go, and I've been doing this long enough that cyano doesn't stress me out. So I'm not in a knee jerk headspace of doing anything extreme to get rid of it. Of course, I'd rather not have it. I don't consider anything in the Dr Tim treatment as having a big negative impact unless it impacts my nutrients in a big way. I tend to run NO3 between 5-10 and PO4 at 0.1. If those get knocked out of whack, then my corals will certainly be impacted.

Thanks!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm considering doing Dr Tims Cyano treatment. More info on their treatment here

For those of you who have done that program, what have you observed with your nutrient levels? On the info page for the Dr Tim treatment, it explains how it adds bacteria that take up the nutrients, then you remove the bacteria, thus removing the nutrients. My concern is impacting my nutrient levels negatively.

I have cyano come and go, and I've been doing this long enough that cyano doesn't stress me out. So I'm not in a knee jerk headspace of doing anything extreme to get rid of it. Of course, I'd rather not have it. I don't consider anything in the Dr Tim treatment as having a big negative impact unless it impacts my nutrients in a big way. I tend to run NO3 between 5-10 and PO4 at 0.1. If those get knocked out of whack, then my corals will certainly be impacted.

Thanks!
Let's see some pics. I've used dr tims with no ill effect but I hardly check po4 or no3

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

Have you used their cyano program in particular? I was looking for nutrient results from that process specifically
Yes thats what I used for both cases of cyanobacteria. I find that when nutrients at zero I get cyano followed or with dino.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back