Eggs on frag plug, Parasite?? Video under microscope

_HULK_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have got a frag plug and upon dipping I noticed eggs on the bottom. The eggs are small, clear, with two black dots on them. this one frag plug is in a separate QT system by itself at the moment. I'm trying to upload a vid of them under a microscope. There seems be a "heartbeat". Probably some parasite egg, but cool none the less.

un ID eggs.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6542.mov
    28.7 MB

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have got a frag plug and upon dipping I noticed eggs on the bottom. The eggs are small, clear, with two black dots on them. this one frag plug is in a separate QT system by itself at the moment. I'm trying to upload a vid of them under a microscope. There seems be a "heartbeat". Probably some parasite egg, but cool none the less.

un ID eggs.jpg
I don't think they are a "parasite egg" too big and too few to be an obligate one at least, and too few to be likely carnivores inverts. in any case you can sterilize with freshwater soak or even freshwater mixed with copper for extra damage

OP
OP
H

_HULK_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for all the responses. It’s in its own QT tank so I’ll let it ride out and see what happens. This could be “seeing what I want to see” but it almost look like a fin moving from 2-3 seconds. But like others have stated too big to be some sort of parasite to small to be fish. I’ll update if anything. The temp is at about 77 F so we should know more in what 2 weeks?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back