Eheim Heater in Water Below its Water Line??

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Eheim Jager 200W heater fully submerged in my DT. I really want to put it in my sump but it won't fit in a way that allows the water to be up to or over the water line mark on the heater (about an inch below the blue dial). I've seen pictures of folks who have their Eheim's in their sumps diagonally with the water below the heater's water line and they have been doing this MUCH longer than me! Is this OK to do? I don't want to start a fire :)

waqas_01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the min. It's a min water level line on the eheim. It's best to submerge the whole heater but you need at least until that line under water. Temp control and possible issues with hot spots may occur if not submerged correctly.

If you really want to move it get a smaller wattage heater that can fit in a constant water level compartment (ie. not in the return chamber).

Last edited:
OP
OP
taulgrl

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the min. It's a min water level line on the eheim. It's best to submerge the whole heater but you need at least until that line under water. Temp control and possible issues with hot spots may occur if not submerged correctly.

If you really want to move it get a smaller wattage heater that can fit in a constant water level compartment (ie. not in the return chamber).
Thank you! I really appreciate your explanation

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 131 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.6%
Back