Eheim Jäger - Complicated or I am at fault? Probably that latter :)

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You keep claiming it’s everyone else fault and you shouldn’t be responsible for the purchase you made without doing research and then cry and claim horrible service by them when it was your fault.
then when they come back and help you all of a sudden they are ok and you feel vindicated.
people with attitudes like this are why those policy’s are instated in the first place.
LOL. not even worth commenting. lol

Last edited:

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You keep claiming it’s everyone else fault and you shouldn’t be responsible for the purchase you made without doing research and then cry and claim horrible service by them when it was your fault.
then when they come back and help you all of a sudden they are ok and you feel vindicated.
people with attitudes like this are why those policy’s are instated in the first place.

I understand where he’s coming from. He called BRS and asked for a recommendation for a heater and he purchased what they recommended. He was trying to do the research for that purchase. It’s not like he just went to the website and purchased heaters and then wanted to return them when they didn’t work. Unfortunately BRS just recommended a heater based on his tank size and didn’t ask additional questions about the temp around the tank, and since the OP is new to all this he didn’t know that it made a difference.

I think BRS definitely went above and beyond and I don’t know that they were obligated to make an exception here, but I do understand why they did and I do understand why the OP felt that he was lead astray.

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand where he’s coming from. He called BRS and asked for a recommendation for a heater and he purchased what they recommended. He was trying to do the research for that purchase. It’s not like he just went to the website and purchased heaters and then wanted to return them when they didn’t work. Unfortunately BRS just recommended a heater based on his tank size and didn’t ask additional questions about the temp around the tank, and since the OP is new to all this he didn’t know that it made a difference.

I think BRS definitely went above and beyond and I don’t know that they were obligated to make an exception here, but I do understand why they did and I do understand why the OP felt that he was lead astray.
thank you. That is exactly how I feel. And this whole thing has been extremely frustrating so I am sure it showed in some of my comments. It is overwhelming when you first get into this hobby. The learning curve is huge. So many little nuances and so many mistakes I MADE, not blaming anyone for my dead fish, ammonia spikes, buying wrong equipment, or anything else that I did. Nor was I blaming BRS. And I did not know about their policy of anything that touches salt water cannot be returned due to the danger of spreading algae or something worse. Again, being new to this I am ignorant about a lot but eager to learn. Appreciate all the great advice and patience. Thank you!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to replace my eheim after almost four years. It woudnt stay on. It would not keep up anymore. I bought another 300 from petsmart for 29.00
Petsmart won't price match chewy but the will price match petco and thier website.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just going to throw it out there thermometers can also be an issue. i have three thermometers and they all read a degree or to off. one way or the other.
I was just about to say that. I have 2 identical thermometers that That read 2 diff temps by 2 decrees.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not on the outside of the box (probably should be) this is what the information sheet has on the ratings.

IMG_20201210_170647431.jpg

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Success! :)

So I received the 200 watt heaters from BRS yesterday. The night before the tank temp went down from 77.7 to 69.8 between 12:00 - 6:00 am.

I replaced the 100 watt with the 200 and last night the temp outside dropped to 27 Degrees and the ambient temperature in my room went down to 57.1. Yet, the tank was steady at 78.1! Problem Solved!
IMG_6621.jpeg

Image 12-16-20 at 6.46 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 5.58.37 AM.jpeg

IMG_6627.jpeg

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not on the outside of the box (probably should be) this is what the information sheet has on the ratings.

IMG_20201210_170647431.jpg
This is embarrassing, but I've owned probably a dozen or more Ebo/Eheim Jager heaters over the last 12 years, including 5 in service now and this is the first time I ever learned this. I've always just cranked them up (not realizing the red and blue were both turnable!) and connected to a controller or just fiddled until it stabilized where I wanted it. There are so many bad manuals out there that I am conditioned to not reading them.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back